They are easily made with a nut combination of almonds, sunflower seeds and hazelnuts.
These addictive bars are not only raw, but vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo-friend and with no processed sugars.
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Hazelnuts:
- one cup contains 86% RDA of vitamin E
- rich in heart healthy unsaturated fats
- super high in B-vitamins: B1, B3, B5, B6 and B9
- one ounce has 2.7 g of dietary fiber
- one serving contains 90% RDA of manganese and 65% RDA of copper
5 Fast Facts About Sunflower Seeds:
- rich source of vitamin E
- finest source of B complex group vitamins
- incredible source of folic acid
- rich in magnesium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- contains immune boosting anti-viral properties
- super high in B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6
- contains natural anti-oxidants that block free radicals
- high in minerals magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door…and, you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: This would be an excellent recipe to use homemade almond butter with!
Tip #2: You can use many different variations with this recipe…use your favorite sweetener, change up the nuts and even use peanut butter instead of almond butter.
Tip #3: If you want to reduce the amount of sweetener in the recipe, just use 2 tablespoons of sweetener for the nut mixture instead of 3. I only used 2 tablespoons but if you want a sweeter bar, just increase it to 3 tablespoons.