This Raw Vegan Mock “Chicken” Salad is made with fresh, clean ingredients and is ready in about 10 minutes.
Of course, it will not have the taste of chicken, but it has a similar texture of traditional “chicken salad”.
And not only does the recipe not include any chicken, but it doesn’t have mayonnaise either, making it a perfect raw, vegan meal.
There’s actually two parts to this recipe: the colorful vegetable base made with carrots, broccoli, onions and optional jalapeno and the creamy dressing mixture made with cashews, lemon juice and dill for a tangy flavor.
It’s a great way to add raw vegetables to a meal!
Sometimes we eat it on an Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla with a few spinach leaves, in a nori wrap, as a dip with dehydrated crackers or raw vegetables or my favorite way with hearts of romaine lettuce.
This is a healthy, clean eating recipe made with real food ingredients that you can feel good about and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and soy-free.
Want more healthy meal and entre’ recipes? Check out Blueberry Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing, Watermelon Salad with Clean Eating Watermelon Vinaigrette, Red Quinoa and Mango Salad with Lime Dressing or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entre’ recipes that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Red Bell Peppers:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- 1 cup contains 195.8% DV of vitamin C
- excellent source of carotenoids
- contains potential anti-cancer benefits
- helps reduce inflammation
5 Fast Facts About Broccoli:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- high in beta-carotene
- contains more calcium than dairy
- detoxifier that removes free radicals
- helps to regulate blood sugar and blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Carrots:*
- improves eyesight
- helps to prevent heart disease
- rich in antioxidants
- helps flush toxins from the body
- 1 cup contains 407.6% RDA of vitamin A
5 Fast Facts About Jalapenos:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in vitamins A and C
- contains anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Dill:*
- excellent anti-oxidant
- aids in digestion
- acts as a diuretic to flush out toxins
- good source of calcium, manganese and iron
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.