These healthy Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Avocado Fries are my submission for the March 2017 Recipe Redux theme and are so easy to make.
The theme this month is:
“Spring Clean the Kitchen – Cook with at least 3 ingredients that are actually in your refrigerator or pantry right now. Try not to go to the store to buy anything new. Give tips on how to make a healthy dish out of whatever you have on-hand.”
I actually have all these ingredients for this recipe on hand at all times because a) there are just a few ingredients to the recipe and b) they are all staple ingredients in a healthy kitchen.
This entire recipe takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish and they will be gone in less than 2 minutes!
When I make these, I use my homemade gluten-free bread crumb mix and if you already have some pre-made, it will save you a few extra minutes in prep time.
They are really, really good with a homemade dressing or sauce like this Creamy Habanero Dressing (hot!), Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce, Raw Vegan Creamy Chipotle Dressing or Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing (not vegan).
Baking them in the oven is much healthier than frying and they’re vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack and side dish recipes? Check out Oven Baked Jicama Fries with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce, Oven Baked Zucchini Chips, Oven Baked Green Tomatoes or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snacks and sides recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Paprika:*
- boosts blood circulation
- one teaspoon contains 20% DV of vitamin A
- aids digestion
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.