Here is a yummy Mango and Hemp Seed Smoothie which is part of my “Vibrant Health Superfood Smoothie Series” where I make smoothies using a few the many Vibrant Health products.
This one uses “Green Vibrance”, which is actually the very first Vibrant Health product I ever bought and fell in love with.
I’ve been using it for several years now and I can honestly say that I can definitely feel a difference when I use it and when I don’t!
I had some mango left over from my Vanilla Bean and Mango Chia Seed Pudding recipe I posted earlier, so I used it to whip up this yummy smoothie.
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Mango:
- super high in vitamin A at 25% RDA
- good source of copper at 12% RDA
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 46% RDA of vitamin C
- contains 10% RDA of vitamin B6
5 Fast Facts About Green Vibrance:
- contains 25 billion probiotics
- contains vegan D3
- 1 serving provides 75% DV of vitamin C
- 1 serving provides 10% DV of vegan calcium
- 1 serving provides 11% DV of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppresant
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Lucuma Powder:
- rich source of anti-oxidants
- contains 14 essential trace elements
- 1 tablespoon contains 2% DV of iron
- helps provide anti-inflammatory benefits
- healthy, low-glycemic sweetener
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Mulberries:
- 1 ounce contains 12% DV of fiber
- 1 ounce contains 140% DV of vitamin C
- contains the anti-aging nutrient “resveratrol”
- 1 ounce contains 20% DV of iron
- good source of vegan calcium at 8% dv
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door, and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: I like to make my own homemade almond milk with my Vitamix to avoid the additives and processed boxed milk, but you can substitute it your favorite non-dairy (or dairy for non-vegan) milk. I buy my raw, organic, unpasteurized, sproutable almonds in bulk from here.
Tip #2: The organic almonds and organic mulberries for garnish are optional and added for extra nutrition.
Tip #3: You can use fresh or frozen mango…I like to use frozen so I don’t have to add ice cubes.
Tip #4: My goal when I make smoothies is to make them as nutritious as possible so mine are superfood heavy. Don’t pass on trying this recipe because you don’t have all the ingredients listed. Just use what you have and make adjustments/substitutions. And since it’s really expensive to buy a lot of superfoods all at one time, just make a list of the ones you want and buy (1) new one each month. You won’t use a lot at one time and they will last a while.
Tip #5: This recipe will make (1) large smoothie.
Disclaimer: I was given a sample of Vibrant Health “Green Vibrance” to review and use in creating a new recipe. I was under no obligation to give a positive review and was not paid for this review or endorsement. All thoughts, opinions and comments are my own.