This Cilantro and Lime Salsa is an awesome variation to traditional salsa and the highlight ingredient in this recipe is cilantro.
Traditional salsa will have a little cilantro for flavor, but I went heavy on the cilantro in this salsa, primarily for the increased health benefits.
Cilantro is excellent for detoxification and I try to add some in my recipes whenever I can.
I always grab a bunch of it on each grocery trip because it’s always good to have on hand and it’s an inexpensive herb to buy – it’s only $1.49 for an entire bunch of fresh organic cilantro.
I usually end up making this salsa recipe when I have some leftover or haven’t used before it starts to go bad.
It will last a little longer if you keep it in a storage container like this one. I actually have two and use them to store cilantro, parsley, kale, spinach or other leafy green vegetables and herbs.
This recipe is a good way to use cilantro in a healthy snack using fresh, clean ingredients and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly and ready in less than 5 minutes using only a food processor.
Want more healthy dip recipes? Check out Spicy Balsamic Vinegar Salsa, Pineapple Guacamole, Field of Greens Zucchini Hummus or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Tomatoes:*
- contains lycopenes which are cancer fighting agents
- high in beta-carotene
- excellent anti-oxidant
- high in vitamin A and K
- high in chromium which helps control blood sugar levels
5 Fast Facts About Limes:*
- aids in digestion
- fat burner
- contains more vitamin C than a lemon
- anti-oxidant and anti-biotic effects
- extremely alkalizing to the body
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Jalapeños:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in vitamins A and C
- contains anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: I add a 1/2 jalapeno and it’s pretty hot, but when I make it for my boys, I leave it out. If you don’t like it very hot or will be making it for little ones, you may want to leave out the jalapeno.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.