I would not be lying if I said the last time I drank a cup of coffee was when I was pregnant with my oldest son 8 years ago.
As soon as I found out I was expecting, I stopped drinking it immediately.
Oh how I wish my husband could do the same lol!
I would drink a cup in the morning to get going and sometimes a second cup later in the day.
Although I’ve broken the morning routine of drinking coffee, I still occasionally feel the need for a mid-day boost.
When the founder of CogniTea contacted me to sample their tea, I was really excited…especially after visiting their website and learning more about their new product and impressive list of ingredients.
I ~love~ herbal teas and drink at least 2 (sometimes 3) cups a day of different varieties (detox, dandelion, milk thistle, red/green rooibos, etc) but liked the idea of having a herbal tea that could help me when I need that mid-day boost.
What is CogniTea?
Productive Energy: For A Clear And Focused Mind
A Healthier and Smarter Alternative to Coffee and Energy Drinks with No Jitters, No Headaches and No Crash
Although I don’t drink coffee or energy drinks, I sometimes need the benefits that each provide, but without the side effects.
There are some days when I don’t feel like I’m at my best because I can’t focus or just don’t have the energy to get things done.
But I’m not willing to trade energy and focus for the side effects I would encounter by consuming an unhealthy beverage.
I’ve found I don’t have to with CogniTea.
I can have both…focus and energy without headaches and “the shakes”.
This is exactly what I need!
Here are some highlights:
- 100% natural
- made from 11 organic ingredients
- contains 90 mg of caffeine (approximately the same as an 8 oz cup of coffee)
- no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or fillers
- contains 100 mg of L-Theanine (an amino acid from green tea)
Here’s the ingredient list:
- organic peppermint leaf
- organic guayusa leaf
- organic yerba mate leaf
- organic assam black tea leaf
- organic ginkgo biloba
- l-theanine suntheanine
- organic guarana seeds
- innovaTea natural tea extract
- organic goji berries
- organic stevia leaf
- organic panax ginseng
photo source: CogniTea.com
Why is this tea different?
CogniTea is different because it contains a very specific ratio of L-Theanine to Caffeine which is proven to promote Alpha Brain waves.
But what is “Alpha Brain waves”?
Alpha Brain waves promote mental clarity, focus, relaxation, stress reduction and creative thinking.
Here is a really good video from Alex, the founder of CogniTea, explaining the benefits of CogniTea:
CogniTea’s Indiegogo Promo Video
CogniTea held a crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo back in January and was so embraced by the public that it exceeded it’s initial crowd funding goal…by more than double! Very impressive!
Another reason I love this company and want to share the product with you is because it is a new start-up company founded by a young entrepreneur with lots of passion and I would love to see it grow.
So how was the tea?
Both my husband and I tried the tea and since we have opposite preferences and habits, I thought it would be good to share experiences from each of us to give you different perspectives.
Karielyn (profile: non-coffee drinker, herbal tea drinker, caffeine sensitive, occasionally needs a mid-afternoon boost):
- I loved how as soon as you open it, there is a pleasant scent of mint
- I am ~very~ sensitive to caffeine and I didn’t notice any negative effects at all
- I’ve also gotten used to sitting down with a cup of CogniTea before working on a blog post or working on the computer and can definitely see an improvement in focus
I was pleasantly surprised at how it was able to give me a boost but didn’t give me a headache, racing heartbeat or “shaky hands” like I used to get when I drank coffee. I was also very impressed with the ingredient list and the fact that the ingredients were organic. I can think of several people I know that could greatly benefit from CogniTea, as opposed to coffee, and can’t wait to share it with them.
Karielyn’s Husband (profile: coffee drinker, non-herbal tea drinker, caffeine addicted, can’t start the day without coffee, needs coffee and/or energy drinks when working late):
- He was very impressed with not only the flavor but how it gave him a more “enhanced/cleaner” boost than his coffee did
- He said that when he drank the CogniTea, he didn’t feel the need for his usual coffee or energy drink, or even the need to supplement with it
- He felt that CogniTea would be a successful replacement for his morning coffee and energy drink replacement when working late (yay!)
I’ve tried (on several occasions!) to get him to switch from coffee to just a regular herbal tea with no success. I was very surprised to hear that he felt this might really be what he needs to make the switch.
I would ~so~ much rather see my husband drink this in the mornings and when working late at night instead of relying on coffee and occasional energy drinks. I knew he would be the perfect candidate to try this out on because if it could convert him, it can convert anyone!
3 Different Winners Will Be Randomly Chosen!
Now that I’ve shared all the wonderful features about CogniTea with you, how about a giveaway?
Alex, the founder of CogniTea, will not only provide a 3-Bag Sample Pack as the giveaway prize, but 3!
That means there will be 3 different winners that will get a chance to try this awesome new tea! Yay!
- enter to win a 3-Bag Sample Pack (3 individual teas bags per sample pack)
- 3 winners will be randomly selected
- contest is open to all U.S. residents
- there are (4) different entry opportunities to increase your chances of winning
- winners will receive their 3-Bag Sample Pack pack shipped directly from CogniTea
- enter the giveaway through Rafflecopter below
Want more CogniTea love?
Visit their website CogniTea.com to learn more.
Where can I order?
Even though the giveaway is over, you can still order and enjoy CogniTea products for yourself by going to the CogniTea website and not only order the tea, but conveniently set up a monthly shipment option.
I was very impressed with the product, value and commitment of the company. I truly believe that this product can have a place in your clean eating diet and part of a healthy living lifestyle and am glad I was given the opportunity to share it with you.
Disclaimer: I was given samples of the CogniTea product to review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review and was not paid for this review or endorsement. All thoughts, opinions and comments are my own.