Dandelion leaves are an excellent food for detoxification and liver health.
But instead of juicing them, adding them to smoothies or making a salad with them, how about using them in a creamy dressing?
That’s what I did with them in this Creamy Dandelion Greens Dressing recipe and the normally bitter taste they sometimes have is masked with the other ingredients.
I’ve used it as a dressing with a kale salad, a dip for chips and even in my Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Dandelion Greens Dressing recipe (coming soon!).
I gave my youngest son a taste to see if he’d like it.
Well, he did, and so much so, that I had to make second batch because he ate it all!
It is loaded with nutrients and healthy ingredients, and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly too!
5 Fast Facts About Dandelion Greens:
- 1 cup contains 112% DV of vitamin A
- purifies the blood
- excellent as a natural diuretic
- 1 cup contains 10% DV of calcium
- 1 cup contains 9% DV of iron
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Sunflower Seeds:
- rich source of vitamin E
- finest source of B complex group vitamins
- incredible source of folic acid
- rich in magnesium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Turmeric Powder:
- antibacterial and a natural antiseptic
- excellent for liver detoxification
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful anti-oxidant and it can inhibits cancer cell growth
- 2 teaspoons contain 17% DV of manganese
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door, and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: This recipe will make 2 – 4 servings.
Tip #2: It is great to use as a dressing for your favorite salad, a dip with chips or crackers or even as a sauce for your favorite pasta.