Don’t let the innocent appearance of this Creamy Habanero Dressing fool you.
It just might be the one of the hottest of all the dressing recipes I have ever made, which is a good thing if you like “hot” foods.
I have used this dressing on everything from kale salad, over steamed broccoli, mixed with quinoa, a dip for veggies and even made Habanero Kale Chips with it.
You can make it in less than 5 minutes with a Vitamix and only 5 clean ingredients.
It’s also raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly too.
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- helps decrease cancer risk
- contains capsaicin to help prevent obesity
- helps to lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- excellent anti-oxidant
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Lemons (Lemon Juice):
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Tip #1: Important: If you don’t like hot foods, this may not be a good recipe to try. If you have never eaten a habanero pepper, they are ~very~ hot and I would only use one pepper to start out with. If you haven eaten habanero peppers before, use either 1 or 2 depending on your preference (I use two when I make it).
Tip #2: I like to store my homemade dressings in an air-tight glass container.
Tip #3: This recipe will make 1 -2 servings.