These Flourless Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Chia Seed Cookies are the perfect spring and summer dessert cookie.
I substituted the traditional lemon/poppy seed variation with a lemon/chia seed combination. They have a slightly tart flavor from the lemon and a subtle crunch from the chia seeds.
They’re a delicate cookie but holds well together once you let them completely cool after taking them out of the oven and have a nice golden outer edge.
Traditional lemon and poppy seed cookies usually include ingredients like these:
S.A.D. Ingredients (Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies):
Typical Ingredients: flour, eggs, butter (or worse, margarine), refined sugar
This healthier version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, flourless, egg-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Flourless Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies, Flourless Vegan Chocolate Pistachio Cookies, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- contains 700% more calcium than salmon
- contains more anti-oxidants than flaxseeds or blueberries
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
- contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Flour:*
- highest dietary fiber found in any flour at 58% RDA
- 14% coconut oil
- 19% vegan protein
- helps to promote blood sugar health
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.