This Fresh Herb and Tahini Pesto recipe is bursting with fresh herbs and is super easy to make with just a food processor.
It’s perfect as a dip, a spread, on pizza or even as a pasta sauce.
I’ve been spending a lot of money lately to buy organic herbs from the grocery store every week and finally decided I would attempt (again, for the 100th time!) to grow my own.
On one of my last grocery trips, I bought some small containers of GMO-free herbs and ~so far~ they are still alive.
How nice it would be to just go outside and clip what I need for a recipe and they would always be there and always fresh.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I can keep them alive!
Anyway, I had a nice variety of mint, parsley and cilantro so I decided to use them to make a fresh herb pesto.
I started with just the herbs and wasn’t going to add any nuts like a traditional pesto, but the consistency just wasn’t what I wanted.
So I tried to think of something else that would give it a creamy texture and tahini came to the rescue.
I really, really liked how it turned out and I hope you will too!
Want more healthy dip and dressing recipes? Check out Spinach and Avocado Dip, Healthy Artichoke Dip, Pineapple Guacamole or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Sesame Seeds (Tahini):*
- high in calcium at 35% RDA
- excellent anti-oxidant
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- high in phytosterol
5 Fast Facts About Parsley:*
- good source of potassium
- rich in antioxidants
- 1/2 cup provides 554% dv of vitamin K
- 1/2 cup provides 10% dv of iron
- 1/2 cup provides 54% vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Mint:*
- rich in anti-oxidants
- contains B-complex vitamins
- good source of minerals
- 7 tablespoons of fresh herb contains 569 mg potassium
- good source of vitamin K
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where To Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.