These Gluten-Free Vegan Chewy Nut and Seed Bars are filled with all kinds of goodness! And even better, they’re topped with chocolate drizzle.
Inspired by Kind Bars, I made this homemade version which includes raw almonds, raw cashews, raw pumpkin seeds and raw sesame seeds and sweetened them with brown rice syrup, which holds them together well.
Although Kind Bars aren’t that terribly bad, they aren’t organic and they do contain soy. And, depending on what variety you get, they may not be vegan or may contain refined sugar.
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Kind Honey Roasted Nuts and Sea Salt Bar Ingredients:
FoodFacts.com Rating: “C”
By making a homemade version, you can use organic nuts and seeds and an organic sweetener with a short ingredient list and they are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and contain no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Oat Bars, Clean Eating Chocolate Chip and Sweet Potato Bars, Gluten-Free Vegan Pecan Pie Bars or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy and clean eating bars just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Sesame Seeds:*
- high in calcium at 35% RDA
- excellent anti-oxidant
- lowers cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- high in phytosterol
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin Seeds:*
- a natural anti-inflammatory
- excellent source of magnesium
- helps to lower cholesterol
- alkaline forming
- high in essential fatty acids
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cinnamon:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- helps to control blood sugar
- excellent source of manganese and iron
- can help to lower bad cholesterol
- aids in eliminating migraine headaches
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 tablespoon contains 2 g of fiber
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.