These Gluten-Free Vegan Thyme and Garlic Crackers made with almond flour are so delicious and really easy to make!
The only thing better than eating these rustic, bite-size crackers is the amazing aroma of thyme that will fill your kitchen while they are baking.
Traditional homemade crackers can contain flour, butter and eggs and store-bought crackers can have a long list of ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Keebler Crackers Townhouse Garlic and Herb
Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Vitamin B1 [Thiamin Mononitrate], Vitamin B2 [Riboflavin], Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil (Soybean and/or Canola Oil, with: TBHQ for Freshness), Sugar, Cornstarch, Contains Two Percent or Less of Salt, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Parsley, Garlic, Soy Lecithin (source)
FoodFacts.com Rating: “F”
I’m not surprised that they have GMO soy and canola oil, GMO cornstarch and GMO soy lecithin, but can’t understand why crackers would need GMO high fructose corn syrup added in?
This healthier version has a clean, simple ingredient list and is vegan, gluten-free, flourless, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check out my Vegan Oven-Baked Chipotle Jicama Fries with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven-Baked Avocado Fries, Raw Vegan Habanero Pepper Crackers or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy and clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Thyme:*
- can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- 2 tablespoons provide 10% dv of vitamin C
- 2 tablespoons provide 3% dv of fiber
- 2 tablespoons provide 5% dv of iron
- provides excellent antioxidant benefits
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:*
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.