If you are a fan of sneaking in a healthy vegetable ingredient into a decadent dessert recipe, then these Healthy Chocolate Mint Fudge bites are just for you!
What is the secret healthy vegetable ingredient that you would never know was in them?
Yes, it’s true!
The pureed pumpkin doesn’t really give it a flavor, but adds a smooth creaminess to this healthy dessert.
While I’m a big fan of anything chocolate, a chocolate-mint combination just can’t be beat.
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin:
- high in beta-carotene
- full of iron, zinc and vitamin C
- rich in anti-oxidants
- contains 246% DV of vitamin C
- good source of B-complex vitamins, niacin and thiamin
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains 4 different neuro-transmitters that promote a positive outlook
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- immune boosting anti-viral properties
- super high in B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6)
- contains natural anti-oxidants
- promotes restorative sleep
5 Fast Facts About Cashews (Cashew Butter):
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart-healthy” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- high in anti-oxidants
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door…and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #2: The original recipe calls for it be put in the freezer prior to serving and to store in the freezer, but I actually like mine straight from the refrigerator because it gives it a softer mousse-y type texture.
Tip #5: The original recipe calls for it to be put into an 8 x 8 glass dish, but I put mine in a 5 x 9 glass bread pan so they would be thicker.