These Clean Eating Jalapeno Kale Chips are another healthy snack alternative for you using a kale and jalapeno combination.
All my ideas for kale chips come from combining plain kale chips with one of my homemade dressings.
Making your own homemade snacks are so much healthier than buying highly processed store-bought snacks.
Here’s the ingredients for a popular store-bought jalapeno chip:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Lay’s Extra Crunchy Jalapeno Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Ingredients: POTATOES, SUNFLOWER OIL, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, DEXTROSE, ONIONS POWDER, YEAST TORULA, WHEY, SPICES, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, GARLIC POWDER, FLAVORS NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL, CORN STARCH MODIFIED, PEPPERS, JALAPENOS, SOYBEANS OIL PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED, PAPRIKA, EXTRACTIVES (source)
FoodFacts.com Rating: ‘F”
They are filled with GMO corn starch, soybean oil, maltodextrin and also contains the dangerous MSG (monosodium glutamate).
If you want a crunchy snack with the flavor of jalapenos, these healthy kale chips made with clean ingredients are a perfect substitution and they’re raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly too!
Want more healthy snack ideas? Check out Roasted Chickpeas with Chipotle and Lime, Lemon Dill Zucchini Chips, Healthy Oven Baked Green Tomatoes or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Kale:*
- high in iron
- excellent for detoxification
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- high in calcium
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- excellent source of calcium, magnesium and copper
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in heart-healthy monosaturated fats
- rich source of minerals
5 Fast Facts About Macadamia Nuts:*
- super high in heart-healthy monosaturated fats
- high in protein and all the essential amino acids
- high in fiber
- brain booster
5 Fast Facts About Jalapenos:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in vitamins A & C and bioflavonoids
- has anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- powerful antioxidant
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of healthy sulphur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduces blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful antibacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where To Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.