Today is a happy day at The Healthy Family and Home…I was recently nominated by a fellow blogger for the “Liebster Blog Award”!
My little blog is right at a year old and continues to grow a little bit more each month.
Oh how I remember the beginning when I had only 5 subscribers and 1 Facebook like!
Although growing is a slow process, I am so humbled every single time someone subscribes, comments, follows me on Facebook/Pinterest/Twitter or shares my posts. Every. Single. Time.
I appreciate each and every one of you!
So what is a “Liebster Blog Award”?
The “Liebster Blog Award” is a way for fellow bloggers to share some blog love with some of their favorite blogs. There are no judges or special rules but more of an award given to you by your peers. The word “Liebster” is German and means “dearest”.
Upon receiving the “Liebster Blog Award”, the nominee will then write a blog post on their own blog and include the following:
- Share 5 Random Facts
- Answer 5 questions from the person who nominated you
- Name your nominees for the Liebster Blog Award
- Ask your nominees 5 questions
So let’s have some fun!
Who nominated you?
My blogger friend Livvy over at 86Lemons.com. We started our blogs close to the same time and I remember the first time I saw one of her posts. I thought “Wow, this blog is going to take off like a rocket!”. She has the most beautiful photos and some of the best vegan and gluten-free recipes I’ve come across. Her vegan pancake recipe is a staple breakfast in my house and when my boys want pancakes, they ask for “86Lemons Pancakes” by name. She also features really cute DIY crafts and projects.
5 Random Facts:
- I read magazines (and sometimes books) from the back to front. Does anyone else do this?
- I have never drank a Coke or soft drink in my entire life. Not for health reasons, I just never liked them.
- I have not had a working stove or oven since I started this blog (yes, there is a pending blog post about this!)
- Even though I have a brand new dryer, I prefer to hang my clothes outside on a clothesline.
- My top 3 pet-peeves: 1) people who park in handicap parking spots that are clearly not handicap 2) people who walk their dogs in the neighborhood, let them poo in your yard and don’t pick it up 3) people who sample food (by the handfuls) from the bulk bins at Whole Foods and walk off like it’s an open buffet
Answers to 86Lemons.com Questions:
- What has been your best source (book, website, video, conference, person, etc) for learning the ropes of blogging? I honestly haven’t had any formal training, and unfortunately am just winging it and learning as I go!
- In regards to travel, what is your favorite place you have visited? I have been to some really nice places in my lifetime, but I think my most favorite was a recent trip to Utah/Idaho and being around the beautiful mountains…it was so peaceful and breathtaking. I even climbed one mile up a mountain with my boys (then 4 and 2) and it was a trip I’ll never forget.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would live in the rolling hills of bluegrass Kentucky on a horse farm with a white fence, a cute little house with a big front porch, lots of fruit trees and my own garden.
- What is your favorite book and/or movie? Since I can never seem to finish a book these days, I’ll go with favorite movie(s) which would my all time favorites: Pride and Prejudice, Phantom of the Opera and Gone with the Wind.
- If you could attend any bloggers conference, which one would it be? Since I can’t stray too far away from my boys, it would have to be one close by and either raw or vegan themed because I would love to meet up with other raw and vegan bloggers.
And now, it’s time for me to spread some “blog love” to some of my most favorite blogs I follow.
I would like to mention that I would put Livvy @ 86Lemons.com on my list, but I guess I can’t since she nominated me, but make sure you visit her blog.
Also, I don’t know the age or subscriber numbers of the following blogs (so I hope I don’t offend anyone), but would just like to highlight them and share them with you in case you don’t already follow them…they are some of my favorites!
My 10 “Liebster Blog Award” Nominees:
- Tabatha @ KitchenToNirvana.com
- Adriana @ Vegan-Magic.blogspot.com
- Abby @ TheFrostedVegan.com
- Ginny @ VeganInTheFreezer.com
- Christal @ NutritionistInTheKitch.com
- Ashley @ TheUnintentionalVegan.com
- Ben Blue @ AwesomeVeganBlog.com
- Rika @ VeganMiam.com
- Em @ ThisRawsomeVeganLife.com
- Patty @ LalaRaw.com
5 Questions for my nominees (they’re easy…I promise!):
- What is your most favorite kitchen appliance that you just can’t live without?
- What is your most favorite ingredient that you just can’t live without?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- When you an in recipe-making mode, is your kitchen neat and orderly or does it look like a crime scene?
As a little bonus, I’ll answer my own questions:
- My Vitamix
- Toss up between Coconut Oil and Cashews
- Crime Scene – definitely!
I hope you get to visit some or all of the blogs listed above because they all have really good vegan recipes!
Photo source: 86lemons.com