What do you do when you have just a 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree leftover looking at you sadly?
Why you use it to make a healthy Pumpkin Protein Smoothie!
It’s a great way to get the comforting flavors of fall into a morning smoothie, and it’s also nice change from the green smoothies.
But you don’t have to wait until fall to add pumpkin in your daily smoothies because pumpkin is super high in vitamin A (280% dv).
And to make sure this smoothie as healthy as can be, it has 17 grams of organic plant-based protein (a complete protein with 7 g of sprouted grains, seeds and legumes) and also provides 20% dv of fiber.
Add even more extra nutrition by sprinkling some raw pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds on top.
- high in beta-carotene
- full of iron, zinc and vitamin C
- rich in anti-oxidants
- 280% RDA of vitamin A
- good source of B complex vitamins
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk/Almond Butter):
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About “Raw Meal-Vanilla“:
- contains 34 g of raw vegan protein
- contains 13 raw organic sprouts
- contains 4 organic cereal grass juices
- contains 5 raw organic fruits
- contains spirulina and chlorella
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin Seeds:
- a natural anti-inflammatory
- excellent source of magnesium
- helps to lower cholesterol
- alkaline forming
- high in essential fatty acids
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppresant
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this smoothie, you can order from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door, and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home at the same time!
Tip #1: I used “Raw Meal – Vanilla” protein powder in this recipe and the “vanilla” flavor gives it a sweeter flavor than the plain “Raw Meal” so I didn’t have to add any extra sweetener. If you use the plain flavored “Raw Meal” or a different protein powder, you may want to add a little sweetener to it.