This healthy, clean eating Quinoa and Fruit Breakfast Porridge is a nice alternative to oatmeal in the morning.
You can either make your quinoa in the morning, or even use leftover from dinner the night before.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to your favorite fruit or whatever you have on hand at the time.
And, you can also adjust the sweetness to your liking and can even enjoy it warm or cold.
Want more healthy breakfast recipes? Check out Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, Classic Acai Smoothie Bowl or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating smoothie recipes that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Quinoa:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- high in magnesium (20.9% DV) and folate (19.5% DV)
- complete protein containing 9 essential amino acids
5 Fast Facts About Coconut (Coconut Milk):*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Peaches:*
- rich in potassium and iron
- high amounts of potassium at 333 mg
- excellent anti-oxidant
- 1 peach contains 3 g of fiber
- contains 10 different vitamins including 11.6 mg of vitamin C
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: Use your favorite fruit or whatever you have on hand…peaches, blueberries, strawberries, goji berries, pineapples, bananas, etc.
Tip #2: I’ve made mine with fresh, hot quinoa and served it warm and it was really good. I’ve also made it with leftover quinoa and it was just as good.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.