Yesterday was my friend’s birthday and since she just started eating a raw food diet…well, she needed a raw food birthday treat!
She was in the same situation I was in on my birthday when I had to make my own Raw Triple Chocolate Cheesecake as my birthday “cake”.
Neither one of us would have eaten a traditional flour, butter, eggs, processed sugar, food colors, etc cake and besides, where can go you and buy a healthy, raw birthday cake?
I was more than happy to make her this raw cheesecake for more than one reason.
First, I wanted her to be able to have a birthday treat and still be able to eat raw. Second, she L-O-V-E-S coconut oil and this cheesecake is all about coconut oil love!
There is coconut oil in the crust, the filling and the topping. And yes, a piece of raw cheesecake with coconut oil DOES count towards your daily coconut oil requirement.
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Blueberries:
- packed with 25% DV of vitamin c
- excellent sourceof dietary fiber
- high in antioxidants
- helps to boost immunity
- can enhance brain health and improve memory
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- powerful antibacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:
- contains naturally occurring antioxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more than 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Macadamia Nuts:
- brain booster
- high in fiber
- high in protein and all the essential amino acids
- super-high in healthy monosaturated fats
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water balance in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Note: The recipe was enough to fill 2 of the 6 cheesecake spaces in the Norpro pan shown below which seems to be a little bigger and deeper than a regular sized pan. The spaces are fairly deep though, measuring approximately 5 inches deep and 3 inches wide and I filled them all the way up to the top. If you need more than two cheesecakes, you will need to double the recipe.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door: