This clean eating Raw Vegan Creamy Jalapeno Dressing has been essential in helping me to incorporate more salads and veggies into my diet.
It was one of the very first raw dressings I made and you can eat it with just about anything.
It’s creamy, green and HOT!
There’s nothing like making your own homemade salad dressings because not only can you use fresh ingredients, but you have control over the quality of ingredients…like no GMO’s, preservatives, additives, etc.
Here’s the ingredient list for a store-bought creamy jalapeno dressing:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Litehouse Mild Jalapeno Ranch Dressing and Dip
Ingredients: Canola Oil, Buttermilk Cultured, Water, Peppers, Jalapenos, Egg Yolks, Sugar, Vinegar Distilled, Salt, Onions, Green Onions, Cider, Vinegar, Garlic Dried, Spices, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Peppers Chili Powder, Onions Dried, Milk Nonfat Powder, Blend (Whey Dairy, Sodium Caseinate, and Milk Nonfat Powder) Dried Bell Peppers (source)
FoodFacts.com Rating: “D”
You won’t find the nutrition and health benefits in a commercial-made dressing like you will in this powerhouse of raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo goodness.
Want more healthy dressing recipes? Check out Clean Eating Watermelon Vinaigrette, Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing, Creamy Habanero Dressing or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- excellent source of calcium, magnesium and copper
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in heart-healthy monosaturated fats
- rich source of minerals
5 Fast Facts About Macadamia Nuts:*
- super high in heart-healthy monosaturated fats
- high in protein and all the essential amino acids
- high in fiber
- brain booster
5 Fast Facts About Jalapenos:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in vitamins A & C and bioflavonoids
- has anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- powerful antioxidant
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of healthy sulphur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduces blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful antibacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: I have used this dressing on so many things. I like to steam fresh broccoli, pour the dressing over it, then sprinkle chia seeds and sesame seeds on top for extra nutrition. I’ve also used it as a dip for strips of raw red peppers, cucumbers, my Raw Broccoli Balls, as a salad dressing for my Spinach and Avocado Salad and even as a sandwich spread (like a mayonnaise) on my Vegan Spinach Wraps.
Tip #2: You can use 1 – 2 jalapenos, depending on how hot you like it. I also use two, but it’s ~very~ hot so I’d start with one and taste it before adding the second one just to be safe.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.