These addictive Raw Hemp Seed Bars with Cacao Drizzle are a wholesome, nutrient-dense snack alternative to traditional granola bars.
One of the great things about hemp seeds is their nutty flavor and combined with the crushed almonds, it’s an excellent source of vegan protein.
They are really simple to make in less than 5 minutes and is just a matter of putting everything into a food processor…then trying to be patient while they firm up in the freezer.
Not only can they be made either raw or vegan just by changing the sweetener, but you can also make them with or without the cacao drizzle – which I think makes them a little more special.
I like to eat these for breakfast sometimes as an alternative to a smoothie and they definitely keep me satisfied for a while.
Best of all, my boys ~love~ them so they are officially “kid-approved” in my home and are a nutrient-dense, healthy snack everyone in the family will enjoy!
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- 11 grams of raw, vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppressant
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:*
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with protein, calcium and fiber
- high in antioxidants
- reduces risk or heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:*
- anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- immune boosting anti-viral properties
- super high in B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 & B6
- contains natural antioxidants
- promotes restorative sleep
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- contains 54 different antioxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in antioxidants promoting cardiovascular health
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters that act as antidepressants
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Tip #2: I’ve also made these with both organic raw honey and organic maple syrup and both work fine.
Tip #3: You can cut these into (8) large bars or (16) smaller squares.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.