I remember the first time I made this Raw Vegan Chipotle Almond Spread because it was a life changer for me.
Of all the dips I’ve made, I have never made one using almonds as the base.
It seemed really interesting to me and after I saw the rest of the ingredients, I knew it was a match made in heaven.
The chunky texture of the almonds and the tangy flavor of the apple cider vinegar and lemon with the smokey chipotle is to die for.
It’s really easy to make and basically just a matter of putting everything in a food processor and you’re ready to go.
Some of my favorite ways to eat it is as a dressing by mixing it with kale for a salad (with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast), spread over raw crackers, my Raw Vegan Chipotle Almond Stuffed Brussels Sprouts and best of all, right out of the food processor.
Yes, I have actually done that on several occasions.
I have made this so many times and it’s better every time I make it!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- regulates cholesterol
- regulates blood pressure
- energy booster
- 1/4 cup contains 8 g of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Olive Oil:
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart disease and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood presssure
- anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- reduces bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:
- can help to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- helps to lower the risk of diabetes
- thermogenic food that energized the metabolism
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
- can help to improve circulation by dilating the blood vessels
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: Not only is this recipe awesome with the ingredients listed, it’s very versatile and there are actually a lot of different flavor variations you could make. Check out the original recipe from Beth at Tasty-Yummies.com, she has a lot of gluten-free and dairy-free recipes to share.
One day I’ll make a different version but I have become so addicted to this one, I haven’t really been motivated to change!