It just doesn’t get any easier than this my friends. A raw, vegan cream of mushroom soup that can be made in less than 5 minutes in a Vitamix and is full of fresh flavor.
I guess one reason that people would use canned soup is for the convenience, but when it’s just a matter of putting all the ingredients into your Vitamix and turning it on until it’s mixed, there just isn’t any excuse.
And, the trade off for that convenience in the form of toxic ingredients just isn’t worth it.
Here are the ingredients from a can of highly processed store-bought cream of mushroom soup:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup:
Ingredients: Water, Mushrooms, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Cottonseed, Canola, and/or Soybean), Modified Food Starch, Wheat Flour, Contains Less Than 2% of: Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Soy Protein Concentrate, Dehydrated Cream (Cream [Milk], Soy Lecithin), Yeast Extract, Flavoring, Dehydrated Garlic (source)
- Corn, Cottonseed, Canola and Soybean Oil – well known and documented GMO ingredients. Unless it is labeled “organic” or is labeled “non-GMO Project Verified”, we can only assume it’s made from GMO products.
- Wheat Flour – not good if you are gluten-free or trying to avoid wheat products
- Modified Food Starch – is prepared by physically, enzymatically or chemically treating native starch, thereby changing the properties of the starch (source)
- Flavoring – a sneaky way for companies to hide ingredients they don’t want you to know about
- Salt – processed, refined toxic iodized salt
- Soy Protein and Soy Lecithin – well known and documented GMO ingredients. Unless it is labeled “organic” or “non-GMO Project Verified”, we can only assume it’s made from GMO products
- Cream/Milk – if it’s not organic, it’s from cows that have been given antibiotics, hormones, fed GMO grains, etc.
- Yeast Extract – a taste enhancer and another form of MSG (source)
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) – you do not want to be eating this or worse serve it to your children (source)
It is a product is highly processed with basically no real food ingredients.
This healthier version is made with clean, real food ingredients and it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want some more healthy soup recipes? Check out Creamy Red Lentil and Kale Soup, Spicy Chickpea and Tomato Soup, Creamy Vegan Tomato Basil Soup or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Mushrooms:*
- excellent source of potassium
- rich source of riboflavin, niacin and selenium
- supports a healthy immune system
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- good source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of healthy sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- can help reduce blood pressure
- can help lower blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as 1 banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Tip #1: I used 1 cup of cashews instead of 1/2 to make sure it was extra thick and creamy and it was!
Tip #2: If you want it slightly warmed, you can blend it in your Vitamix for a couple of minutes, or until it gets warm.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.