This dairy-free Raw Vegan Chocolate Marbled Cheesecake has a healthy twist to it that may come as a surprise.
It’s a good surprise, but one you wouldn’t expect in a cheesecake recipe….zucchini!
If you’d tried any of my other recipes, there are several that have zucchini in them, but you’d never know.
This healthy cheesecake version is raw, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, no-bake and has no refined sugar and is extra special because it has a chocolate crust.
It’s the kind of dessert you can feel good about eating, unlike a traditional dairy-filled cheesecake.
Let’s look at some typical ingredients in a traditional marbled cheesecake:
Traditional Marbled Cheesecake
Ingredients: chocolate cookie crumbs, butter, 2 1/2 pounds of cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons white flour, 2 egg yolks, 5 eggs, 1 cup sour cream and 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate.
That’s a whole lot of dairy!
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:
- low calorie food – 94% water
- high in manganese
- helps lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cups contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial propeties
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:
- contains naturally occurring anti-oxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients or tools to make this recipe, you can order from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #2: You can use the sweetener of your choice in the crust, filling or the chocolate swirl. I’ve used medjool dates (2 large dates), raw honey, maple syrup or for a lower glycemic sweetener you could use raw coconut crystals or coconut nectar and all of these options have worked fine.
Tip #3: You can use either organic vanilla bean powder (best choice! since it’s a raw dessert) or regular vanilla extract but if you use the vanilla bean powder, it may have a slightly darker color and/or vanilla bean powder flecks in it (kind of like in vanilla bean ice cream). And don’t forget, you only have to use 1/2 as much of the vanilla bean powder as you do vanilla extract.