It seriously took longer to get all the ingredients out than it did to make it.
You basically put everything in a bowl, stir it and put it in the freezer to harden.
And it almost melts in your mouth it’s so silky smooth and it has a nice glossy look to it.
Here are some typical ingredients in a traditional fudge recipe:
Traditional (S.A.D) Fudge Recipe Ingredients:
Ingredients: 2 3/4 cups sugar, 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, 3 tablespoons butter, 1 cup half-and-half, 1 tablespoon corn syrup, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 cup chopped roasted nuts
That’s an awful lot of refined sugar and dairy. Plus, you have to heat, cook, boil, use a candy thermometer, etc.
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 different compounds including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in antioxidants that promotes cardiovascular health
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters that act as natural anti-depressant
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:*
- high quality vegan protein
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in antioxidants
- high in Vitamin E
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Butter):*
- excellent source of heart healthy fats
- rich in antioxidants
- helps control blood sugar
- high in magnesium, iron, zinc and copper
- helps lower blood pressure
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have a hard time finding any of these ingredients or tools to make this recipe, you can order from Amazon and have them delivered right to your door and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
(affiliate links – see affiliate disclosure below)
Tip #1: Make sure you keep the fudge in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve because it will become soft and lose it’s shape if left out at room temperature.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
“The Healthy Family and Home” website is also a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.