Today for you I have Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta as my recipe submission for this month’s theme for The Recipe ReDux:
“Fantastic Freezer Meals: Share your tips and tricks for making one – or more freezer meals. It’s the end of the gardening season for some of us; let’s store away that produce in heat-and-eat-from-the-freezer-meals. Show how convenient healthy freezer breakfast, lunches or dinners can be!”
Although my entire recipe isn’t technically a “from-the-freezer” meal, it could still be a quick meal by making and freezing the butternut squash sauce in advance.
While it’s thawing out you can start making your pasta and when that’s done, it only takes about 5 minutes to pull it all together.
Or, you could even make the pasta and sauce, mix it together and freeze it to use on a busy evening.
Adding other veggies like broccoli or chopped spinach or kale would make it even more nutrient-dense and it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free.
It’s a healthy meal your family can enjoy and it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free.
5 Fast Facts About Butternut Squash:*
- 2/3 cup contains 80% vitamin A
- 100 g contains 35% vitamin C
- good source of fiber
- excellent source of antioxidants
- high in carotenoids
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:*
- can help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- can help lower the risk of diabetes
- a thermogenic food to help energize metabolism
- can help improve circulation
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Nutmeg:*
- helps improve concentration
- increases circulation
- good source of copper, potassium, iron and zinc
- high in B-complex vitamins
- contains anti-fungal properties
5 Fast Facts About Cinnamon:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- helps to control blood sugar
- excellent source of manganese and iron
- can help to lower bad cholesterol
- aids in eliminating migraine headaches
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.