These cute little mini Strawberry and Raspberry Cheesecake Hearts are so simple to make and a perfect treat for St. Valentine’s Day.
I used strawberry in the filling and topped them with raspberries, but you could reverse them if you’d like.
This simple dessert is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, no bake and no refined sugars.
Compare that to the ingredients in a traditional strawberry cheesecake I found online:
Ingredients: Crust: graham crackers, 4 tbs butter, 2 tbs nutella, 2 tbs brown sugar. Topping: strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, unflavored gelatin. Cheesecake: 1 pound cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, 1/2 cup heavy cream
That’s a lot of processed, refined sugar, a lot of dairy and some highly likely GMO ingredients (graham crackers, Nutella).
Skip all the processed, sugary desserts and GMO boxed chocolates and share the real gift of love…a healthy, guilt-free treat!
5 Fast Facts About Strawberries:
- loaded with anti-oxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains 21% RDA of manganese
- helps fight cancer
- excellent source of vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Raspberries:
- high in antioxidants
- anti-cancer benefits
- good source of dietary fiber
- high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) value of 4,900 per 100 g
- excellent source of vitamin C at 47% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:
- contains naturally occurring anti-oxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Raw Coconut Nectar:
- organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free
- good source of 17 amino acids
- nearly neutral pH
- high in B vitamins
Tip #3: This recipe will make 16 mini bite-sized cheesecake hearts using this 24-cavity mold.