I made these Vegan Banana Walnut Muffins at least twice before posting the recipe.
The first time, they were really good but I forgot to add the walnuts…in a recipe called “Banana Walnut Muffins”.
These usually make their appearance when I have bought too many bananas that we can’t eat fast enough so it’s a good recipe to use when you need a “my bananas are getting ready to go bad” recipe.
This is a quick and easy breakfast full of healthy fats that are good for you and you can feel good about serving to your family!
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:
- combats depression (high levels of tryptophan which converts to serotonin)
- aids in weight loss
- high in fiber
- strengthens the immune system
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:
- high quality vegan protein
- high in antioxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin c
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door…and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: I reduced the sugar from the original recipe down to 1/2 cup. You may want to taste the batter before pouring them into your muffin cups to see if you need to adjust the amount of sugar.
Tip #2: I increased the amount of walnuts from 3/4 cup to 1 cup because I really like the crunch of the walnuts in my muffins. You can also adjust this amount to your preference.
Tip #3: I’d love to be able to make this gluten-free and will try that next time I make them and will update the recipe if it works out.