Even though a request for my Fluffy Vegan Pancakes is pretty regular in my house, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes have now taken their rightful place as a favorite breakfast in our home.
Who wouldn’t want to feel like they are eating a huge, delicious, moist chocolate chip oatmeal cookie for breakfast? Covered in real maple syrup?
That’s what these awesome pancakes taste like. You will feel like they are more of a treat than a healthy way to start your day.
And if you begin to feel guilty about eating these decadent pancakes for breakfast, don’t even go there. They are good for you…really!
5 Fast Facts About Flaxseeds:
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:
- combats depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Almond Butter:
- excellent source of heart healthy fats
- helps lower blood pressure
- rich in antioxidants
- helps control blood sugar
- high in magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc & copper
5 Fast Fasts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- raises metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with protein, calcium and fiber
- high in antioxidants
- reduces the risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Oats:
- provides significant fiber
- helps control blood sugar levels
- can reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- increases appetite-control hormones
- lowers bad cholesterol
Here’s an important tip: Make sure the baking powder you use is non-GMO.
Baking powder ingredients include: Cornstarch, Monocalcium Phosphate, Baking Soda.
I have not been able to find an “organic” baking powder, but I have been using either:
- Whole Foods 365 Brand Baking Powder (aluminum-free). It is not organic but says on the can: ”Formulated to avoid genetically engineered ingredients“
- Rumford Brand Baking Powder (aluminum-free). It is not organic either, but their website specifically says this product is “made with non-GMO cornstarch” (http://www.clabbergirl.com/faq.php)
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door…and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website too!