These Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are another healthy option when you want to make homemade chocolate chip cookies.
This easy vegan dessert recipe replaces the traditional white flour with oat flour, and butter and eggs with ground walnuts.
I also altered it to replace the canola oil with coconut oil which makes them really moist and chewy.
You can also easily make the oat flour with a food processor or Vitamix by blending it to a flour consistency.
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:
- high quality vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin C
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Oats:
- provides significant fiber
- helps control blood sugar levels
- can reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- increases appetite control hormones
- lowers bad cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Coconut Crystals:
- low glycemic (GI of 35)
- raw, vegan and gluten-free
- unrefined and unbleached
- contains 17 amino acids
- is an abundant source of minerals and broad spectrum B vitamins
Where to Buy: If you have a hard time finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered to your door: