These Vegan Oven-Baked Chipotle Jicama Fries are paired with my Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce for a healthier alternative to traditional fries.
What is a “jicama” you might ask? It’s a large tuberous root vegetable that has a similar consistency and texture of a white potato, and even an apple.
You prepare them just as you would regular fries, peel the outer skin and slice them into long thin strips. Next you’ll toss them with a little avocado oil them toss again with the spicy chipotle seasonings and bake in the oven instead of frying.
They’re really good just plain but even better with my homemade Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce which you can make in just a few minutes while you’re waiting for the fries to bake.
Want more healthy side dish recipes? Check out Healthy Oven-Baked Green Tomatoes, Vegan Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips, Roasted Smashed Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Jicama:*
- high in fiber
- excellent source of potassium
- 1 medium jicama contains 4.7 g of plant-based protein
- 1 medium jicama contains 221% dv of vitamin C
- low glycemic and low calorie vegetable
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:*
- can help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- can help lower the risk of diabetes
- a thermogenic food to help energize metabolism
- can help improve circulation
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Limes:*
- aids in digestion
- fat burner
- contains more vitamin C than a lemon
- anti-oxidant and anti-biotic effects
- extremely alkalizing to the body
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.