Well, here is my pumpkin recipe contribution to the blog world. On almost every food blog I’ve come across lately, there is a pumpkin recipe to welcome in Fall.
My father happens to love these little cookies and since I will be seeing him tomorrow, I thought I’d go ahead and make a batch
They remind me of a chocolate chip cookie but with a hint of pumpkin. The pumpkin flavor isn’t overpowering but just the right amount. And the vegan chocolate chips and walnuts takes it over the top!
This is a fairly healthy recipe, as cookie recipes can be! And you probably will already have everything you need on hand…just grab a can or box of organic pumpkin puree next time you are at the store and you are ready to go!
The ingredient list for the Pacific Organic brand I used below was: 100% organic pumpkin puree. The other good thing is that it comes in a cardboard tetra pak so you don’t have to worry about finding canned pumpkin that isn’t in a BPA lined can.
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin:
- high in beta-carotene
- full of iron and zinc
- rich in antioxidants
- contains 246% DV of Vitamin C
- good source of B-Vitamins (folates, niacin, Vitamin B-6 and thiamin)
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:
- high quality vegan protein
- high in antioxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in Vitamin C
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable ph balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Fasts About Cinnamon:
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- helps control blood sugar
- great source of manganese, fiber and iron
- can lower bad cholesterol
- used to eliminate headaches and migraines
Where to Buy: If you have any trouble finding the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order them online from Amazon and have them shipped straight to your door:
Talk to Me…
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe to welcome in Fall?