Summer bring us juicy, red watermelon and one of my favorite things to make with it…Watermelon Salad with my Clean Eating Watermelon Vinaigrette.
It’s a light salad with a light vinaigrette but has lots of nutrients from the hemp seeds, chia seeds and walnuts.
The Clean Eating Watermelon Vinaigrette I used is a super easy dressing that can be made in a matter of minutes and you’ll have plenty left over to use for your summer salads.
I used an organic “Deep Green – Power” salad blend by Earthbound Farm with contains baby kale, chard and spinach and it was perfect for this salad.
The salad and dressing are both raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and contain no refined sugar!
Want more healthy meal and entree recipes? Check out Blueberry Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing, Wilted Kale Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing, Creamy Red Lentil and Kale Soup or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Watermelon:*
- 1 cup contains 16.4% vitamin C
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- excellent anti-oxidant
- excellent source of potassium
- natural diuretic
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppresant
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- contains 700% more calcium than salmon
- contains more anti-oxidants than flaxseeds or blueberries
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
- contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:*
- high quality vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin C
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: This recipe will make (1) individual salad, but if you need a bigger one or more servings, just increase the amount of mixed greens, watermelon, hemp seeds, chia seeds and walnuts. The vinaigrette recipe will make approximately (2) cups so you will have plenty extra to use or save for later.
Tip #2: I added the hemp seeds, chia seeds and walnuts as a topping for extra nutrition, but feel free to omit one or all or even substitute with something else if you prefer.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.