Welcome back for the April 2015 Healthy Product Roundup, where each month I share 4 new products with you.
These are products that I either personally buy and use or that have been shared with me from companies that want to help me share the message of healthy eating and healthy living with you.
I’m always excited to learn about new organic, vegan, gluten-free and overall healthy products and have been introduced to so many I would have never come across if not through my website.
I have links after each review if you are interested in purchasing the item and, in full transparency, disclose my relationship and affiliate links (if applicable) for each item.
If you missed the April 2015 Healthy Product Roundup, make sure you check it out…I shared Erewhon Cereals, Simply 7 Snacks, Honest Sunscreen and Nutiva Hemp Seed Oil.
Hope you enjoy this months Healthy Product Roundup!
Product #1: Sparkling Noni Drinks
Back in November 2014, I did a review for the flagship product from Hawaiian Ola, their Energy and Immunity Shots and was so pleased with them I couldn’t wait to try their newest products – Sparkling Energy Drinks.
They have four flavor combinations like Lemon Lime, Pineapple Punch, Beet Punch and Ginger Turmeric and are naturally sweetened with Hawaiian honey.
- organic / non-GMO
- contains between 9 – 17 grams of sugar per serving (depending on the flavor)
- contains 150 mg caffeine per can
- BPA-free cans
- Sparkling Noni Lemon Lime with Yerba Mate’ and Hawaiian Honey (Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Organic Hawaiian Noni Juice, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Hawaiian Honey, Organic Pineapple Juice, Organic Lime Flavor, Organic Yerba Mate’ Extract, Organic Green Tea Extract, Hawaiian Sea Salt (Electrolytes), Organic Stevia, Niacin
- Sparkling Noni Pineapple Punch with Yerba Mate’ and Hawaiian Honey (Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Organic Hawaiian Noni Juice, Organic Pineapple Juice, Organic Hawaiian Honey, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Yerba Mate’ Extract, Organic Lime Flavor, Organic Pineapple Flavor, Organic Green Tea Extract, Hawaiian Sea Salt (Electrolytes), Organic Stevia, Niacin
- Sparkling Noni Beet Punch with Yerba Mate’ and Hawaiian Honey (Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Organic Hawaiian Noni Juice, An Infustion of: (Water, Organic Beet Juice Powder, Organic Beet Powder, Organic Hibiscus Flower), Organic Hawaiian Honey, Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Pineapple Juice, Organic Lime Flavor, Organic Yerba Mate’ Extract, Organic Pineapple Flavor, Organic Green Tea Extract, Hawaiian Sea Salt (Electrolytes), Niacin
- Sparkling Noni Ginger Turmeric with Yerba Mate’ and Hawaiian Honey (Ingredients: Sparkling Water, Organic Hawaiian Noni Juice, An Infusion of (Water, Organic Hawaiian Ginger, Organic Turmeric Powder, Organic Ginger Powder, Organic Hibiscus), Organic Lemon Juice, Organic Hawaiian Honey, Organic Lime Flavor, Organic Yerba Mate’ Extract, Organic Green Tea Extract, Organic Ginger Flavor, Hawaiian Sea Salt (Electrolytes), Organic Stevia, Niacin
Where Can I Get It? Visit the Hawaiian Ola website (www.hawaiianola.com) to order online.
Disclosure: I received products from Hawaiian Ola for review purposes. I was not paid for this review or under any obligation to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Product #2: PureLife Organic Enema Coffee
What is a coffee enema? You may or may not have heard about them before but coffee enemas are an excellent detoxification method, especially to cleanse and heal the liver.
I have an entire page dedicated to learning more about coffee enemas and their benefits which you can read here, but today I want to share with you the most important part of a coffee enema – the coffee that is used.
When you decide to do a coffee enema to heal your body and cleanse it from toxins, you want to make sure your aren’t ~adding~ new toxins to your body in doing so. The type, and quality, of coffee (and water) you use is critical.
You wouldn’t want to go to the Dollar General store or Walmart and buy a pack of their coffee to do a coffee enema. But you definitely want to use an organic coffee for this procedure and not just any regular organic coffee you can buy at Whole Foods either.
You want organic enema coffee, which is a potent, specialty grade coffee formulated primarily for coffee enemas.
PureLife Organic Enema Coffee is also higher in cafestol and palmitic acid.
- 100% organic
- only specialty grades beans are used – eliminates mold and fungus
- air-roasted and not drum-roasted to prevent burning
- shade grown and fine grind
- accepted by the Gerson Institute
- 100% organic coffee
Where Can I Get It? You can purchase organic enema coffee, order coffee enema kits, supplies and learn more here.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for PureLife Enema but purchased my own products. I was not paid for this review or under any obligation to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Product #3: Yuve Innovational Nutritional Shake – Raw Chia Seeds and Cocoa
I was recently introduced to a new vegan nutritional shake called Yuve. It contains multiple nutritional blends like a vegan protein blend, fiber blend, amino acid blend, healthy aging blend, energy blend, healthy digestion blend, vitamins and minerals blend and greens blend.
I made mine with 1 1/2 cups of almond milk and it makes a delicious, thick smoothie with a dark chocolate flavor and sweet taste.
- vegan and gluten-free
- contains 16 grams of vegan protein
- contains 4 grams of fiber
- Vegan Protein Blend: Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate
- Fiber Blend: Buckwheat, Inulin (Chicory Root)
- Amino Acids Blend: L-Glutamine, L-Leucine
- Healthy Aging Blend: Trans Resveratrol, NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine)
- Energy Blend: Maca Root, Spinach, Chia Seeds, Coconut Juice
- Healthy Digestion Blend: Protease, Vegan Probiotic Blend
- Vitamins and Minerals Blend: Psyllum Seed Husk, Goji Berries, Acai Berries, Red Grape, Prune, Raspberries
- Greens Blend: Chlorella, Spirulina, Kale, Alfalfa Sprouts, Broccoli
- Flavor and Texture Blend: Cocoa, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Natural Blue Raspberry Flavor, Corn Starch, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Brewers Yeast
Where Can I Get It? You can order online from Amazon here and have it delivered straight to your door.
Disclosure: I received a sample from Yuve for review purposes. I was not paid for this review or under any obligation to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Product #4: Green Polka Dot Box Goodies
For someone (like myself!) who loves clean and healthy ingredients and products, I H.A.T.E. buying them. One of my most dreaded duties is grocery shopping. I don’t like the crowds and lines and being around a lot of people in general. So I usually get up bright and early on a Saturday morning to get to Whole Foods as soon as they open so I can get in and get out.
Then I have to pack everything in the car and unpack it again when I get home no matter whether it’s cold or raining.
That’s why I L.O.V.E. the convenience of The Green Polka Dot Box. They are an online grocery store and carry organic and all-natural products with no GMO’s and…I get a nice little package delivered right to my front door and all I have to do is bring it inside, open it and put everything away! No getting up early, no gas to the store, no people, no lines (no sales tax either!) no wasted time (for me, usually 1.50 – 2 hours) and no weather worries.
They’re set up similar to a warehouse club purchasing system where you have different selections each time you shop and even better – their prices are same or lower than Whole Foods and even some other online sellers.
I wrote a full review about their online grocery service which you can read here.
Anyway, I wanted to share a selection of what I received in my last order:
- organic, raw, unpasteurized pecans
- organic, raw, unpasteurized brazil nuts
- organic, raw, unpasteurized pecan
- organic, raw, unpasteurized walnuts
- organic, raw, unpasteurized almond flour (very hard to find!!)
- organic, raw maca powder
- organic, raw, sprouted, probiotic almonds
The Green Polka Dot Box doesn’t totally eliminate my need to run into Whole Foods occasionally since I still need to buy some frozen items and produce.
But some really awesome news is that The Green Polka Dot Box has plans in the very near future to ship fresh, organic produce from their own greenhouse operations!
- no minimum order required
- earn extra discounts with the Polka Dot Rewards program
- FREE shipping for orders over $150 and as low as $9.95 for orders between $50 – $99
- no membership fee to join
- earn Polka Dot Rewards points for referring friend and family
It’s a really convenient and cost saving grocery shopping option, especially if you don’t have access to a local grocery store with clean, non-GMO foods.
Where Can I Get It? You can learn more and sign up here.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for The Green Polka Dot Box but purchased my own products. I was not paid for this review or under any obligation to provide a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
And that’s the roundup for this month…make sure you check back for next months roundup at the end of March for 4 new products I’ll be sharing with you!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.