This Gluten-Free Vegan Chilled Mixed Berry and Mint Soup is a perfect summertime treat that’s ready to enjoy in about 5 minutes.
The first time I ever tasted a “chilled” soup was on one of the cruises we took a couple of years ago.
It was a Chilled Blueberry Soup that was served as an appetizer and I remember thinking how light and refreshing it was to enjoy before the main meal.
The menu listed the ingredients in the soup and it was pretty much just blueberries, a sweetener and a hint of mint.
It’s a very dramatic and elegant soup with it’s deep purple color and I like to make it in the summer months when all the varieties of berries are in season, but you can actually make it anytime of the year if you use frozen mixed berries.
You can get a big bag of organic frozen mixed berries from Whole Foods (and even Target!) and make this at a moment’s notice and it’s a perfect soup to make in advance because it’s freezer-friendly too.
After blending everything in a Vitamix, it’s chilled and ready to serve when you use frozen fruit. If you use fresh fruit, just put the soup in the refrigerator to chill for 15 – 30 minutes before serving.
It’s an easy, healthy soup that’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy recipes? Check out Dark Cherry and Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl, Fresh Berry and Mint Spa Water, Raspberry and Banana Chia Pudding or my Clean Eating Cookbook with over 140 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Blueberries:*
- packed with vitamin C at 25% RDA
- excellent source of dietary fiber
- high in anti-oxidants
- help to boost immunity
- can enhance brain health and improve memory
5 Fast Facts About Raspberries:*
- high in antioxidants
- anti-cancer benefits
- good source of dietary fiber
- high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) value of 4,900 per 100 g
- excellent source of vitamin C at 47% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Blackberries:*
- 1 cup contains 35% dv of vitamin C
- 1 cup contains 20% dv of fiber
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- contains anti-cancer properties
- contains 36% dv vitamin K
5 Fast Facts About Mint:*
- rich in anti-oxidants
- contains B-complex vitamins
- good source of minerals
- 7 tablespoons of fresh herb contains 569 mg potassium
- good source of vitamin K
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chilled Mixed Berry and Mint Soup
Yield 1 - 2 servings
Raw / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the soup:
- 1 cup frozen organic berries: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- 1/2 cup purified/filtered water
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 8 organic mint leaves (fresh)
For the sweetener:
Prepare the sweetener:
- Add the coconut sugar and purified/filtered water to a small saucepan on low/medium heat and stir for approximately 1-2 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool before adding to the soup mixture.
Prepare the soup:
- Add all the ingredients for the soup and the sweetener mixture (after it's cooled completely) to a Vitamix and blend until it is well combined.
- Strain the soup mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds from the fruit (save to add to a smoothie later!)
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Chilled Mixed Berry and Mint Soup" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.