Gluten-Free Vegan Flourless "Cheesy" Garlic Breadsticks
Yield 10 - 12 breadsticks
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Grain-Free / Flourless
For the breadsticks:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups Daiya Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 teaspoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 9 tablespoons filtered/purified water)
For the garlic topping:
- 4 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the breadsticks:
- Add all the ingredients for the breadsticks to a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Form the mixture into a ball shape, then using your hands, flatten it out into a square shape approximately 1/2 inch thick and approximately an 8 x 8 square.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until it's golden on the top and edges.
- Remove the oven to add the garlic topping.
Prepare the garlic topping:
- Add all ingredients for the garlic topping to a small bowl and stir together until well combined. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Pour the topping on top of the bread sticks and spread a thin layer evenly across the top.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into breadstick shapes or bite-sized pieces.
- Best when served warm straight from the oven.
Recipe by The Healthy Family and Home at https://thehealthyfamilyandhome.com/gluten-free-vegan-flourless-cheesy-garlic-breadsticks/