How To Make Whipped Coconut Cream Topping
Yield 1 cup
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Nut-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
*Note: Vanilla bean powder will give it a slightly darker color and/or black specks. If you prefer a white color, omit the vanilla bean powder and use organic vanilla extract.
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
Prepare the topping:
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. You should not be able to hear any liquid movement when you shake it.
- Open the can with a can opener. There should be a thick layer of coconut "fat" on the top of the can and coconut water on the bottom.
- Carefully scoop out the coconut "fat" and add it to an electric mixer bowl. Save the coconut water at the bottom of the can to make a smoothie!
- Add the granular sweetener and vanilla of your choice to the mixer bowl.
- Mix on "high" setting with the "whisk" attachment until it becomes thick and peaks.
- Use as a topping on fruit, granola, pancakes, desserts, parfaits, etc.
Recipe by The Healthy Family and Home at https://thehealthyfamilyandhome.com/how-to-make-whipped-coconut-cream-topping/