These Lectin-Free Vegan Raspberry and Chocolate Ice Cream Squares just might be one of the easiest recipes you'll make during St. Valentine's Day week, or for any other type of special occasion.
You can prepare this decadent dessert in about 5 minutes using just a Vitamix and then the hardest part is just waiting for it to harden in the freezer.
It has a smooth and creamy chocolate ice cream base - made without nuts or cashews, but instead with avocados to give it extra creaminess. And don't worry...it won't taste like avocado at all!
You will need to have a can of full-fat coconut milk ready to use before making this recipe, which means you will need to put it in the freezer for about (1) hour before making the recipe, or, you can do like I do and always keep at least 1-2 cans of full-fat coconut milk in the back of my refrigerator at all times. This ensures that I'm always prepared to make a recipe like this at a moments notice...I'll never let a can of coconut milk keep me from enjoying a dessert when a craving hits 🙂
After making the ice cream mixture in a Vitamix, all you have to do is stir in the freeze-dried raspberries by hand, pour the mixture into a baking dish, top it with even more freeze-dried raspberries and put it in the freezer. I usually make mine later in the day and leave it in the freezer overnight, but it should freeze and harden enough in 2-3 hours or so.
The other good thing (which I learned the hard way) is it can even turn into a "cheesecake-type" dessert and even a "mousse-type" dessert depending on how much you let it thaw. Straight from the freezer = ice cream squares, light thaw = cheesecake-type dessert and medium thaw = mousse-type dessert. Just don't let it thaw too much because it will be all over the place and won't look like any type of dessert lol 🙂
This healthy, clean eating dessert is organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Clean Eating Vegan Raspberry Truffles, Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Crispy Treat Squares, Vegan Chocolate Chip Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream or my Clean Eating Cookbook with 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Raspberries:*
- high in antioxidants
- anti-cancer benefits
- good source of dietary fiber
- high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) value of 4,900 per 100 g
- excellent source of vitamin C at 47% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
5 Fast Facts About Coconuts:*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Date Nectar:*
- 25% less sugar than honey
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, paleo
- organic + non-GMO
- great source of antioxidants
- made with organic California dates
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 tablespoon contains 2 g of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lectin-Free Vegan Raspberry and Chocolate Ice Cream Squares
Yield 10-12 small squares
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Soy-Free / Egg-Free / Nut-Free / No-Bake / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the ice cream:
- 2 organic avocados (pitted)
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic date nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the add-in:
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup organic freeze-dried raspberries
Advanced Preparation: Put (1) 13.5 ounce can of full-fat coconut milk in the freezer for (1) hour prior to making this recipe. You will be using only the "fat" part of the coconut milk, and not the "water".
Note: You can skip this step in the future by always keeping a can of full-fat coconut milk in the back of your refrigerator so it will be ready to use at a moments notice.
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the freezer and remove only the hardened coconut "fat" part, and add it to a Vitamix. Save the remaining coconut "water" from the can to use for a smoothie.
- Add all the remaining ingredients for the ice cream to the Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
- Add the 1 cup of add-in freeze-dried raspberries to the Vitamix container and gently stir them in by hand. Do not blend them in.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 5 bread pan lined with parchment paper and spread it evenly in the pan.
- Add the 1/2 cup of topping freeze-dried raspberries evenly on the top of the ice cream mixture.
- Put the pan in the freezer for approximately 2-3 hours, or until it hardens.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and cut into small square pieces or rectangle bar pieces.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the freezer until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan Raspberry and Chocolate Ice Cream Squares" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.