This Pomegranate and Maca Protein Smoothie is a good way to incorporate the healthy pomegranate fruit into your diet.
It’s combined with maca powder and coconut oil and has 17 g of raw, vegan protein.
I love to make it with homemade almond milk and although I don’t like my smoothies very sweet, I added 2 medjool dates and they were just perfect.
It’s a very satisfying smoothie that’s also raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and contains no refined sugar.
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Raw, Unpasteurized):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Pomegranates:*
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- good source of potassium with 1 cup containing 10% dv
- good source of vitamin C with 1 cup containing 26% dv
- 1/2 cup contains 3.5 g fiber
- 1 cup contains 2.6 g plant-based protein
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:*
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Garden of Life Raw Protein:*
- contains 17 g raw protein
- contains 21 g of organic raw sprout blend
- contains 270 mg raw probiotic and enzyme blend
- contains 1 mg mixed tocopherols
- contains 3 g fiber
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: I used homemade almond milk, but feel free to use your favorite non-dairy milk.
Tip #2: I used Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder, but feel free to use your favorite protein powder (substitute with 4 tablespoons).
Tip #3: I used (2) medjool dates as the sweetener, but feel free to adjust the amount or substitute with your favorite sweetener.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, The Healthy Family and Home website would receive a small commission. Thank you so much for your support!