If you are looking for an easy raw, vegan protein snack, that is also no-bake and gluten-free, then this Raw Cacao Protein Bar recipe is for you!
I will eat just about anything if you tell me it’s raw, nutritious, has superfood ingredients, etc. and this snack has it all.
I’m not really sure what you call these though…bars?…brownies?…fudge?
They are really more of a hybrid between a bar and fudge, but I think I’m going to go with “bar” for now.
When I came across the original recipe, I was excited because it had coconut flour as an ingredient and I’m always looking for recipes using coconut flour.
Even though I gave the original recipe a big makeover, the biggest deviation was at the very end. It called for 4 eggs.
But the next step after adding the eggs was to “preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 14-15 minutes“.
That’s when I paused. I just couldn’t bring myself to BAKE the nutrients and life out of the coconut oil, raw cacao, chia seeds, raw protein powder and the coconut flour.
Anything heated over 115 degrees is no longer considered “raw” and the live enzymes are destroyed.
So….I just put it all in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and put it in the refrigerator for about 15 – 20 minutes and initially, I had a cacao type fudge dessert. After it thawed slightly, it was kind of like a brownie or bar.
And, of course, you could always just roll these into balls and have another raw protein ball type snack.
No matter what you call it though, it taste good and is good for you!
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and helps prevent fatigue
- can help improve cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Raw Protein Powder (Garden of Life Brand):
- 17 grams of raw protein
- 21 grams of an organic raw sprout blend
- 270 mg of raw probiotic and enzyme blend
- 1 mg of mixed tocopherols
- 3 grams of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in antioxidants
- contains 4 different neuro-transmitters that help improve mood
- contains essential fats
- can help to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:
- Excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids (700% more than salmon)
- easily digestible source of protein
- more antioxidants than flax seeds or blueberries
- excellent source of dietary fiber (6 g)
- contains 100% more essential amino acids than salmon and 500% more calcium than milk
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Flour:
- highest dietary fiber found in any flour at 58%
- 14% coconut oil
- 19% protein
- helps promote blood sugar health
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
Where To Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order them here from Amazon and have them delivered right to your door and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!