As I walked down the supplements aisle at Whole Foods, a container labeled “RAW MEAL” caught my eye.
Of course, I had to investigate. Could this be true? Raw? Vegan? Dairy-Free? Gluten-Free? Organic? Sprouts? Seeds? Live Probiotics and Enzymes? Fiber? All in one product?
Yes, it is!
This is an excellent source of raw, vegan protein and I have been using it every morning to make our smoothies.
I use it as a base or foundation to our smoothies and then add lots of other things to it for variety – spirulina, maca powder, cacao, Green Vibrance, coconut oil, hemp seed oil and even chia seeds.
From The Label:
Why Choose RAW Meal?
RAW Meal goes beyond organic by providing live probiotics and enzymes, Vitamin Code® RAW Food-Created vitamins and minerals, as well as nutrient Code Factors™ such as beta-glucans, SOD, glutathione and CoQ10, enabling natural recognition by your body.
Containing 26 superfoods from RAW organic seeds, sprouts and greens, RAW Meal provides 34 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber and a healthy 2.5 grams of fat making it an excellent choice for “weight conscious” individuals. RAW Meal also offers 20 Vitamin Code vitamins and minerals providing at least 100% of the Daily Value of 16 key nutrients.
Just as important is what’s NOT included in RAW Meal. It is gluten-free, dairy-free and lactose-free. It has no fillers, no synthetic nutrients, no artificial sweeteners and no preservatives.
What are the Key Benefits of RAW Meal?
A convenient meal-on-the-go, RAW Meal is suitable for almost anyone including those on vegetarian or vegan diets, those on low carbohydrate diets or those with gastrointestinal sensitivities to milk, whey or other protein sources. RAW Meal offers the following:
- Provides the nutrition of a well-balanced, healthy meal
- Naturally filling, satisfies hunger, provides energy
- Excellent source of RAW organic, plant-based protein (34g) – including all essential amino acids
- Excellent source of 20 Vitamin Code vitamins and minerals – RAW Food-Created Nutrients and RAW Food-Chelated Minerals that enable targeted delivery and natural recognition by your body
- Excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber (9g)
- Provides live probiotics and enzymes for healthy digestion
- Made exclusively from RAW natural, plant-based, whole foods – uncooked, untreated, unadulterated
- Contains 13 RAW organic sprouts, 4 RAW organic cereal grass juices, 5 RAW organic fruits, spirulina and chlorella
- No Trans Fats
Nutritional Data and Ingredient List:
(photo source: Garden of Life website)