These little Clean Eating Raw Superfood Squares pack a powerful variety of the best of the best superfoods.
They are a bit of a change for me because I usually incorporate all these superfoods into my morning smoothie.
Today, I decided to make a snack version of my smoothie and was very happy with the results.
I like them because they are bite-sized and I can snack on them throughout the day and because they are so nutrient-dense, I like to think of them as a daily vitamins.
Don’t worry about the cost to buy all the ingredients for this recipe all at one time.
All these ingredients are regular staples in my kitchen because I use one or more of them on a daily basis, but have bought them all gradually.
If you can’t buy everything all at once, just get a few at a time until you accumulate a nice variety and use whatever you have on hand.
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- 11 grams of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppressant
5 Fast Facts About Raw Meal:*
- excellent source of RAW organic plant-based protein (34 grams) including all essential amino acids
- excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber (9 grams)
- contains 13 RAW organic sprouts, 4 RAW organic cereal grass juices, 5 RAW organic fruits, spirulina and chlorella
- provides live probiotics and enzymes for healthy digestion
- made exclusively from RAW, natural, plant-based, whole foods (uncooked, untreated, unaltered)
5 Fast Facts About Spirulina:*
- rich in GLA, Chloropyll, Beta-Carotene, and Vitamin B-12
- contains all essential amino acids
- nearly same calcium, phosphorus and magnesium content as milk
- rich source of vegetable protein of 50-70% protein by weight
- contains 4 times as much B12 as raw liver
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- easily digestible form of protein
- more antioxidants than flax seeds or blueberries
- excellent source of dietary fiber
- 500% more calcium than milk
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in anti-oxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 compounds including: protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants which promotes cardiovascular health
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters which act as anti-depressants
- contains essentials fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Raw Maca Powder:*
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Tip #1: I used Raw Meal Protein Powder in these to give them extra protein and nutrients, but feel free to omit it or use your favorite protein powder instead.
Tip #2: You don’t have to use every single superfood I included…just use your favorites or whatever you have on hand.
Tip #3: You could also roll these into a ball shape instead of a square shape, if you prefer.