I first came across Green Vibrance Concentrated Superfoods recently as a last-minute purchase at Whole Foods.
The word “superfood” caught my attention so I just had to look closer.
This list of ingredients is extensive, as well as the benefits they provide.
You get a combination of 25 Billion Probiotics from 12 Dairy-Free Strains, Organic Greens and Freeze Dried Grass Juices all in one scoop.
The directions say to use (1) rounded tablespoon scoop (which is enclosed) with 4 to 8 ounces of your favorite juice, rice beverage, or water. Best taken 30 – 45 minutes after eating.
I have used it two different ways with my Vitamix.
One is by itself with coconut milk, hemp protein and sometimes a banana as a quick and simple smoothie.
Another way is to simply mix or blend it with homemade almond milk for a extra dose of nutrition.
You will also want to make sure you keep it refrigerated or even better in the freezer so the live probiotics aren’t harmed.
It does have a “green” earthy taste to it (similar to drinking wheat grass juice) which could throw you off if you aren’t used to it.
But I’m used to eating and drinking things that are good for you, but aren’t necessarily the best tasting, so it doesn’t bother me.
If you are looking for ways to give your children more nutrition in their diets, this is an easy way to accomplish that – my boys drink it without hesitation (especially if I add a banana).
I have shopped around and the best price I have found is at Amazon buying the 25.4 ounce (60 day supply) container.
Because we use this everyday in our morning smoothies, it was better to buy the larger size.
Also, if you set up “Subscribe & Save” with Amazon, you can save another 5% and get free shipping!
Now for the good part…how good it is for you!
Green Vibrance Concentrated Superfoods provides nutrients that cover the following areas:
- Nutrient Dense Plant Concentrates
- Sea Vegetable Complex
- Cell Membrane & Nerve Support
- High Fiber Foods & Nerve Support
- Antioxidants & Circulatory Support
- Antioxidants & Liver Support
- Immune Support
- 12 Strains of Dairy-Free Probiotic Cultures
1. Helps improve a sub-par digestive tract or strengthens and maintains one that is already operating efficiently. Ingredients that deliver this benefit are:
- 25 billion probiotic bacteria (inhibit “bad” bacteria and yeast; aids digestion and nutrient absorption)*
- Chlorophyll from cereal grass juices and algae (sterilizes & heals intestinal lesions)
- Stabilized brown rice bran (nutrient dense high fiber food; provides both bulk and healthful nutrients)
- Certified organic whole apple powder, providing free radical scavenging, trace nutrients and apple pectin (supports detoxification)*
- Fructo-oligosaccharides (feeds probiotics)*
- Certified organic de-oiled Flax seed concentrate (provides mucilage that removes waste and stimulates cell growth of intestinal lining)*
- Larch arabinogalactans (an effective prebiotic; increases total beneficial gut microflora while shrinking populations of harmful bacteria)*
2. Provides a host of trace nutrients from nutrient-dense, organically grown, concentrated whole foods. They are:
- Certified organic Alfalfa Grass juice powder
- Certified organic Barley grass juice powder
- Certified organic Oat grass juice powder
- Certified organic Kamut grass juice powder
- Certified organic Wheat grass juice powder
- Wild crafted Hydrilla verticillata powder
- Certified organic Spirulina powder
- Chlorella (soft cell, pharmaceutical gradel) (Japan)
- Stabilized Brown Rice bran
- Certified organic Beet juice powder
- Certified organic, de-oiled Flax seed concentrate
- Certified organic Acerola berry juice powder (25% natural vitamin C)
- Certified organic Parsley
- Certified organic Carrot root powder
- Certified organic Spinach
- Certified organic Alfalfa sprout powder
- Certified organic Broccoli sprout powder
- Freeze dried Green Bean powder
- Freeze dried Zucchini powder
- Certified organic Kelp (sea vegetable)
- Certified organic Rockweed (sea vegetable)
- Certified organic Laver (sea vegetable)
- Certified organic Alaria (sea vegetable)
3. Improves circulation to assure that the benefits of improved digestion and all trace nutrients are actually delivered to each cell of the body.* Ingredients that aid circulation are:
- Lecithin powder*
- Vitamin E*
- Silymarin standardized extract*
- Ginkgo biloba standardized extract*
- Green tea catechins standardized extract*
- Grape seed standardized OPC extract*
- Pomegranate extract (40% ellagic acid)*
4. Supports efficient immunity both as a result of 1.), 2.) & 3.) above (because healthier cells generate more energy and cells of the immune system are more vigorous, and as a result of specific ingredients known to support active immune cells.* They are:
- Elutherecoccus senticossus standardized extract
- Suma powder
- Astragalus membranaceus standardized extract
- Schizandra berry extract, 2% schizandrin
- Vitamin E
- FiberAid arabinogalactan
- ResistAid arabinogalactan
- Beta-1,3-1,6 glucans
5. Delivers a host of potent anti-aging antioxidants (534 mg.)* They are:
- Vitamin E (143 mg./100 i.u.)
- Silymarin standardized extract (60 mg.)
- Ginkgo biloba standardized extract (20 mg.)
- Green tea catechins standardized extract (20 mg.)
- Grape seed standardized OPC extract (20 mg.)
- Pomegranate extract (40% ellagic acid)
- Schizandra berry extract, 2% schizandrin
- Acerola berry juice powder (200 mg.)
- Plus all the carotenoids from cereal grass juice powders, algae, and Hydrilla
- Plus uncounted milligrams of polyphenols from green food components and tocotrienols from stabilized rice bran.
6. Help assure skeletal health* They are:
- Hydrilla verticillata
- Vitamin D3 in alfalfa base
- Other mineral rich concentrated foods in Green Vibrance.
- Serving size: 12 grams
- Servings per container: 30
- Amount per serving:
- Calories: 45
- Calories from fat: 7
- Amount per serving % Daily value
- Total Fat 0.77 gm. 1,2%
- Saturated 0.18 gm. 0.9%
- Trans fat 0 gm.
- Polyunsaturated 0.44 gm.
- Monounsaturated 0.12 gm.
- Cholesterol 0 gm. 0%
- Sodium 46.7 mg. 1.9%
- Potassium 203 mg. 5.8%
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 gm. 2.3%
- Dietary fiber 2,82 gm. 11.3%
- Sugars 1.54 gm.
- Protein 2.63 gm.
- Vitamin A (from beta carotene) 4,764 i.u. 95.3%
- Vitamin C 45.5 mg. 75.8%
- Calcium 156 mg. 15.6%
- Magnesium 27 mg. 6.8%
- Iron 3.74 mg. 20.8%
- Vitamin B12 3.51 mcg. 60%
- Vitamin K 124 mcg. 154.5%
Nutrient Dense plant concentrates:
- Spirulina (certified organic) 1,500 mg. *
- Wheat grass juice powder (certified organic) 990 mg. *
- Alfalfa grass juice powder (certified organic) 570 mg. *
- Barley grass juice powder (certified organic) 570 mg. *
- Oat grass juice powder (certified organic) 570 mg. *
- Hydrilla verticillata (wild crafted, leaf & stem) 500 mg. *
- Alfalfa sprout powder (certified organic) 440 mg. *
- Kamut® grass juice powder (certified organic) 80 mg. *
- Beet juice powder (certified organic) 300 mg. *
- Chlorella, soft cell, pharmaceutical grade 300 mg. *
- Parsley powder, freeze dried, (certified organic) 250 mg. *
- Zucchini powder, freeze dried 250 mg. *
- Carrot root powder, (certified organic) 200 mg. *
- Green bean powder, freeze dried 120 mg. *
- Broccoli sprout powder (certified organic) 100 mg. *
- Spinach powder, freeze dried, (certified organic) 100 mg. *
Sea Vegetable complex (providing Iodine + trace minerals):
- Kelp, Laminaria digitata (certified organic) 200 mg. *
- Alaria, Alaria esculenta (certified organic) 100 mg. *
- Laver, Porphyra umbilicalis (certified organic) 100 mg. *
- Rockweed, Ascophyllum nodosum (certified organic) 50 mg. *
Cell membrane & nerve support:
- Soy lecithin powder (non-GMO) 98% oil-free 750 mg. *
High Fiber Foods & Prebiotics:
- Larch arabinogalactan (FiberAid™ AG) 600 mg. *
- Fructo-oligosaccharides 600 mg. *
- Stabilized Brown rice Bran 500 mg. *
- Whole Apple powder (certified organic) 400 mg. *
- Milled Flaxseed concentrate (certified organic; de-oiled, non-GMO) 200 mg. *
Antioxidants & Circulatory Support
- Vitamin E (water dispersible d-alpha-tocopherol succinate) 100 i.u. 333%
- Acerola berry juice powder, 25% natural vitamin C (certified organic) 200 mg. *
- Ginkgo biloba extract, 20 mg. *
- (24% ginkgoflavonglycosides/6% terpene lactones)
- Green tea standardized extract, ) 20 mg. *
- (90% polyphenols, 80% catechins, 45% EGCG
- Grape seed standardized extract 20 mg. *
- (95% polyphenols, 90% proanthocyanidins)
- Pomegranate extract, (40% ellagic acid) 20 mg. *
- Policosanol (60% Octacosanol; from rice bran wax) 5 mg. *
Antioxidants & Liver Support:
- Tamarind juice and pulp powder 100 mg. *
- Silymarin milk thistle extract, 80% silybin (Silibum marianum) 60 mg. *
- Carrot root extract 4:1 50 mg. *
- Chicory root extract 4:1 50 mg. *
- Dandelion root extract 4:1 50 mg. *
- Chicory root powder (certified organic) 25 mg. *
- Gentian root extract 4:1 15 mg. *
- Schizandra berry extract, 2% schizandrin 150 mg. *
- Eleutherococcus senticosus root extract, 0.8% eleutherosides 80 mg. *
- Suma (Pfaffia paniculata) root extract, (2.5% beta-ecdysterone) 60 mg. *
- Astragalus membranaceus extract, 70% polysaccharides 60 mg. *
- Larch arabinogalactan (ImmunEnhancer™ AG) 30 mg. *
- Beta 1,3 – 1,6 glucans (yeast) 30 mg. *
Probiotic blend (25 billion total at date of manufacture):
Twelve (12) Dairy-free Probiotic Cultures
- Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122 2.5 billion *
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111 2.5 billion *
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus B, HA-114 2.5 billion *
- Lactobacillus paracasei HA-108 2.5 billion *
- Lactobacillus plantarum HA-119 2.5 billion *
- Lactobacillus helveticus HA-128 0.5 billion *
- Bifidobacterium breve HA-129 2.5 billion *
- Bifidobacterium longum HA-135 2.5 billion *
- Bifidobacterium bifidum HA-132 1.25 billion *
- Lactococcus lactis HA-136 2.5 billion *
- Propioinibacterium shermanii HA-182 2.5 billion *
- Streptococcus thermophilus HA-110 0.75 billion *
- Protease 4.5, (Aspergillus oryzae) 110 HUT *
- Protease 6.0, (Aspergillus oryzae) 110 HUT *
- Lipase (Aspergillus niger) 150 FCCLU *
- Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) 6 DU *
- Invertase (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) 1 SU *
- Cellulase (Trichoderma longbrachiatum) 7 CU *
- Vitamin D3 (in organic alfalfa & organic sunflower oil base) 1000 i.u. 250%
- Phyto-Boron, (patented, from calcium fructo borate) 3 mg. *
Fortifying Phyto-minerals *
- Phyto-Chromium (from Indian mustard, hydroponically grown) 80 mcg. 67%
- Phyto-Selenium (from Orgen-SE™ mustard seed ext. (certified organic) 50 mcg. 71,40%
- Ginger root powder (certified organic) 20 mg. *
- Cayenne pepper powder (Capsicum fr.) (certified organic) 2 mg. *
- Concord grape juice, freeze dried, Kosher (certifed organic) 210 mg. *
*Daily value not established
All ingredients and nutrition information listed above came from the product label of Version 10.3.
An Important Note: One reason I love the Vibrant Health products is because they are always tweaking and improving their formulas. You can always check on your label to see which version you have. I was really excited to learn that Version 14.0 is a vegan product and contains Vegan D3. The Vegan D3 in this version is 2,000 i.u. or 500% dv per serving.