This Zucchini Noodle with Spinach and Tomatillo Sauce is a super easy meal to make with fresh summer produce.
And, it’s so easy, you can have it ready in about 10 minutes and the entire meal is “raw’.
One of the reasons I love summer produce so much is the abundance of zucchini and tomatillos.
Normally, tomatillo sauces are used with traditional pasta which is not raw and is a high-carb food.
Using raw zucchini noodles makes this a light and clean dish that’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy meal and entree recipes? Check out Kelp Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce, Spaghetti Squash with Creamy Lemon Garlic, Italian Cucuzza Squash Stew or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:*
- low calorie food – 94% water
- high in manganese
- helps lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Tomatillos:*
- excellent anti-oxidant
- helps to reduce coronary heart disease
- 2 small tomatillos provide 15% dv of vitamin C
- rich source of vitamin K, potassium and folate
- contains more minerals per weight than a tomato
5 Fast Facts About Spinach:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- high in anti-oxidants
- super high in vitamin K (1,110.6% DV) and vitamin A (377.3% DV)
- phytonutrients provide anti-cancer benefits
- can help improve cardiovascular health
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive-Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients or equipment to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.