In honor of my birthday today, I made myself a raw cheesecake. So the search for the perfect recipe began. The only three criteria I had were 1) chocolate 2) cheesecake and 3) raw.
So why did I choose this particular raw chocolate cheesecake recipe from the “Pure2Raw” twins over the dozens I found on the internet?
It’s simple….this one is TRIPLE chocolate!
It’s three layers of chocolate bliss…chocolate crust, chocolate cheesecake and a chocolate topping.
A traditional chocolate cheesecake can be loaded with unhealthy ingredients and empty calories.
Here is an ingredient list for a similar traditional cheesecake recipe:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Martha Stewart’s Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients:
- For the cheesecake: 1 pkg of chocolate wafer cookies, 6 tbs butter, (4) 8 ounce bars of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of refined sugar, 1/2 tsp refined salt, 4 large eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
- For the ganache topping: 1/4 cup heavy cream, 4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
And don’t forget the 30 minute prep time, and 2 hours and 30 minutes + chill time before you can even eat it.
This version has heart-healthy nuts, coconut oil, natural sweeteners and raw cacao… all of which are good for you.
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- contains immune boosting anti-viral properties
- super high in B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6
- contains natural anti-oxidants that block free radicals
- high in minerals magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:
- contains naturally occurring anti-oxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Tip #1: You can convert this to a 100% vegan recipe by substituting the sweetener with organic maple syrup or your favorite vegan liquid sweetener.
Tip #2: This recipe makes 12 mini cheesecake servings using this mini cheesecake pan.