If you have ever had the pleasure of eating an authentic praline, you will know it’s nothing but sugar.
I looked up the ingredients for a traditional praline recipe and here’s what I found…1 1/2 cups processed white sugar, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 3 tbs dark corn syrup (gmo), 1 cup evaporated milk, 2 tbs butter, processed salt, vanilla and pecan halves. The total time to prepare was 45 minutes and the level of expertise was rated “Difficult”.
Let’s turn this thing around!
How about a Raw Praline recipe that takes about 10 minutes to make and an expertise level of “my 4 year old can make it”?
It is still going to be a very, very sweet recipe…but it will have healthy dates and raw honey to replace the processed sugar.
The only thing you will have to sacrifice in this raw version is that they don’t really get hard like a regular praline. You will probably need to eat them with a fork instead of picking them up and eating them like a cookie.
5 Fast Facts About Dates:
- natural energy booster
- high iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of protein
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- antibacterial and antifungal properties
- immune boosting antiviral properties
- blocks free radicals
- contains natural antioxidants
- super high in B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5 & B6)
5 Fast Facts About Almond Butter:
- excellent source of heart healthy fats
- helps lower blood pressure
- rich in antioxidants
- helps control blood sugar
- high in magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc and copper
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- raises metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:
- contains naturally occurring antioxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more than 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door: