If you're getting tired of drinking smoothies in the morning, try my Gluten-Free Vegan Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie bowl for a change of pace.
Smoothies are a breakfast favorite in our house in the mornings because they are quick and easy and can even be taken on-the-go. I send my husband with a smoothie in one of these handy blender shaker bottles every morning for his ride to work.
But for me, sometimes I like to slow down and enjoy my smoothie as a "smoothie bowl", which is just a thicker version of a smoothie that you can enjoy in a bowl with a spoon instead of a smoothie cup.
It can be made just as quick as a regular smoothie in a Vitamix or food processor and you can customize it to whatever fruit or toppings you have on hand or feel like at the time.
For this particular recipe, I used frozen organic bananas and organic mixed berries. I had a huge 3-pound bag of organic mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries) which I love because they aren't overly sweet.
The frozen banana gives it an almost soft-serve "ice cream" type texture which makes it seem more like a dessert than breakfast!
This healthy recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy breakfast recipes? Check out Pro-Matcha Banana and Avocado Smoothie Bowl, Dark Cherry and Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl, Classic Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl or my Clean Eating Cookbook with over 140 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:*
- high levels of trytophan to help combat depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber and potassium
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Raspberries:*
- high in antioxidants
- anti-cancer benefits
- good source of dietary fiber
- high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) value of 4,900 per 100 g
- excellent source of vitamin C at 47% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Blueberries:*
- packed with vitamin C at 25% RDA
- excellent source of dietary fiber
- high in anti-oxidants
- help to boost immunity
- can enhance brain health and improve memory
5 Fast Facts About Blackberries:*
- 1 cup contains 35% dv of vitamin C
- 1 cup contains 20% dv of fiber
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- contains anti-cancer properties
- contains 36% dv vitamin K
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie Bowl
Yield 2 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
- 2 organic bananas (frozen)
- 1 cup organic mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 4 tablespoons Yuve' Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder*
- 2 tablespoons homemade almond milk
*or your favorite vanilla raw or vegan or lectin-free or paleo protein powder
Advanced Preparation: Peel and slice two organic bananas and freeze overnight in an air tight BPA-free container.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or Vitamix (using the tamper, if needed) and process until well blended and smooth.
- If it's too thick, add 1 tablespoon of almond milk at a time until it gets to the consistency of your preference.
- Optional: Top with extra mixed berries
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie Bowl" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.
Share Your Thoughts Below