It can't get any easier than this simple Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream recipe that needs only 4 healthy ingredients to make and no stove top cooking needed.
Whole Foods had their organic strawberries on sale last week so I made a batch of one of our favorite ice cream flavors in our house - strawberry!
Instead of the typical solid pink ice cream that blends the strawberries into the ice cream base, I like to make a vanilla base ice cream and add lots and lots of chopped strawberries to make sure there's some in every bite!
It takes less than 5 minutes to make with a Vitamix and you can make this with or without an ice cream maker (no-churn method).
I actually prefer the ice cream machine method for this ice cream because it has a soft-serve texture and you just add the strawberries in right at the end, so they're not frozen.
Store-bought ice creams contain dairy and unhealthy ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Typical Store-Bought Strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients:
Ingredients: Milk, Cream, Corn Syrup, Sugar Liquid, Strawberries Puree (Strawberries [Strawberries, Sugar, Food Starch, Guar Gum, Citric Acid], Cane Sugar Syrup, Flavors Strawberry, Other with Flavors Natural, Food Starch Modified, Citric Acid), Milk Nonfat, Buttermilk, Strawberries (Strawberries, Sugar, Food Starch, Guar Gum, Citric Acid), Milk Fat (Whey), Flavors Natural and Artificial, Citric Acid, Mono and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Dextrose, Red 40, Blue 1
This typical ingredient list contains GMO ingredients (corn syrup), dairy and (2) food colorings.
Homemade versions a a little better, but still contain dairy ingredients like these: whole milk, heavy cream, heavy whipping cream, half and half, refined white sugar, eggs and some even require you to cook the mixture on the stove top.
This healthier version only needs 4 clean, real food ingredients and it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Vegan Pecan Praline Ice Cream, Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream or my Clean Eating Cookbook with 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Coconuts:*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Strawberries:*
- loaded with anti-oxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains 21% RDA of manganese
- helps fight cancer
- excellent source of vitamin C
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
Yield 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / No-Cook / No Churn / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the ice cream:
- 2 cans organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 ounce cans)
- 1/2 cup organic unrefined granular sweetener*
- 2 teaspoons organic pure vanilla extract
For the add-in:
- 2 cups organic strawberries (diced)
*Lectin-Free: Substitute with non-GMO xylitol
- Add all the ingredients for the ice cream to a Vitamix and blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust the sweetener to your preference.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and make the ice cream according to your machines directions.
- Option 1: If you will enjoy right away as a soft-serve ice cream, add the chopped strawberries at the end of the ice cream cycle or when directed by your machines instructions. Serve.
- Option 2: If you prefer a harder ice cream texture, pour the ice cream mixture into an air tight BPA-free freezer safe container. Add the diced strawberries and gently stir them in to make sure they are evenly distributed. Cover tightly and place the container in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until it gets to the consistency of your preference.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.