This Chocolate Strawberry Almond Protein Smoothie looks like a typical green smoothie, but it’s not.
Not only does it have strawberries, but almonds, superfoods and a new vegan protein powder from Vibrant Health, “PureGreen Protein”. It comes in both vanilla and chocolate flavor.
The lovely folks at Vibrant Health sent me a few samples of their products to create some new recipes with and this is the first one I made.
It uses the “chocolate” PureGreen Protein which has 20 grams of vegan plant protein, contains the amino acid ratio of human muscle and has added B12 and enzymes as well.
And, it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and has no refined sugars.
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Strawberries:
- loaded with anti-oxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains 21% RDA of manganese
- helps fight cancer
- excellent source of vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Vibrant Health PureGreen Protein:
- 20 g of vegan plant protein per serving
- vegan, gluten-free, soy-free
- amino acid ratio of human muscle
- added B12 and enzymes
- contains 31% dv of calcium
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppresant
5 Fast Facts About Cacao Nibs:
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- contains one of the highest dietary sources of magnesium
- one ounce has 9 g of fiber
- one ounce contains 4 g of raw vegan protein
- one ounce contains 6% DV of iron
Tip #1: I like to make my own homemade almond milk with my Vitamix to avoid the additives and processed boxed milk, but you can substitute it your favorite non-dairy (or dairy for non-vegan) milk. I buy my raw, organic, unpasteurized, sproutable almonds in bulk from here.
Tip #3: You can use fresh or frozen strawberries…I like to use frozen so I don’t have to add ice cubes.
Disclaimer: I was given a sample of Vibrant Health PureGreen Protein (Chocolate) to review and use in creating a new recipe. I was under no obligation to give a positive review and was not paid for this review or endorsement. All thoughts, opinions and comments are my own.