This Lectin-Free Vegan Cilantro Pesto is packed with fresh flavor and can be used for so many things!
You will love this recipe because it's super easy to make, it's made with fresh, clean ingredients and is ready in under 5 minutes using a Vitamix.
I like to use it as a dip, over baked sweet potatoes, in a salad and drizzled over roasted veggies.
Cilantro is a natural detoxifier that is great to remove toxins and heavy metals from the body and I love to use it in recipes whenever I can, like this Lectin-Free Vegan Cilantro and Lime Cauliflower Rice, Creamy Vegan Cilantro and Lime Tahini Dressing and Cilantro and Lime Salsa.
One of the reasons I l.o.v.e. to make vegan pesto recipes is because they always have a fresh herb as the main ingredient, like this Vegan Habanero Basil Pesto, Fresh Herb and Tahini Pesto and Clean Eating Spinach Pesto.
Traditional pesto recipes use different types of cheese, but I substitute it with nutritional yeast to make it vegan and still give it a cheesy flavor.
This healthy recipe is made with real, whole food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy dip and dressing recipes? Check out Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip, Raw Spinach and Avocado Dip, Clean Eating Vegan Chimichurri Sauce or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Pine Nuts:*
- great source of iron
- contains protein and magnesium
- high in anti-oxidants
- good as an appetite suppressant
- good source of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lectin-Free Vegan Cilantro Pesto
Yield 3/4 cup
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Soy-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- 2 cups organic fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup organic pine nuts
- 1/2 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves organic garlic
- 3 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth, using the tamper if needed.
- Adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan Cilantro Pesto" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.
Tammy Foss says
Karielyn Tillman says
Hi there Tammy! I'm so glad to hear you liked the recipe!
Thanks so much for trying it out and for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed it...it's sincerely appreciated! 🙂
Kathleen Welcome says
No joke, this is crazy good. I put it over baked, cubed sweet potatoes (recipe also on this site) and it was so, so good. Can't wait to serve it to my non vegan friends. I don't think they will be able to tell the difference and I'm betting they will think this is even better than what they are used to. Five stars
Hi there Kathleen! I so excited to hear that you liked the recipe!! Thanks so much for trying it out and for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed it...I really appreciate it! 🙂