This Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Cherry Tart is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based dessert that involves no baking and can be ready to enjoy in under 10 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- No Baking, No Eggs, No Butter, No Flour
- Can Be Prepared In About 10 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, oil-free, no-bake, has no refined sugar, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium® compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Cherries: You will need a total of (14) cherries to make this recipe. (4) will be used in date + cherry paste and the remaining (10) will be cut into quartered pieces so the tart has big chunks of cherries in it.
Coconut Oil: If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell.
Vanilla Bean Powder: Can be substituted with organic pure vanilla extract, or to keep the recipe 100% Medical Medium compliant, use alcohol-free vanilla extract.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Optional Topping: If you'd like to dress up the recipe, you can make my Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping.
Serving Size: This recipe will make a 4-inch tart. Nutritional information is calculated for 1/2 the tart which is (1) serving.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is This Recipe Healthier Than Baked Cherry Pie?
In my opinion, yes!
Traditional homemade cherry pies and desserts typically contain dairy, flour, butter, eggs, and refined sugar.
For example, here are some typical ingredients found in a traditional cherry tart recipe:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Cherry Tart Ingredients: 9 graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, 6 ounces cream cheese, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam and another: 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 4 cups pitted cherries, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon powdered sugar and another: 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup shortening, 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 cans pitted tart cherries, 1 tablespoon butter, 4 to 5 drops red food coloring
With my healthy recipe, you don't have to use white refined sugar, butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, white flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, shortening or red food coloring to enjoy the taste of fresh cherries.
Can I Use Jarred Cherries?
You can - but my recommendation is if you make this dessert or any cherry dessert, make sure you use fresh, organic cherries.
Why is this important? Non-organic cherries can contain up to 42 different pesticides.
And what about the bright red cherries in a jar? Not only are you getting the 42 different pesticides but also the following:
S.A. D. (Standard American Diet) Albertson's Maraschino Cherries Ingredients: Water, Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup High Fructose, Citric Acid, Flavors Natural & Artificial, Potassium Sorbate, and, Sodium Benzoate, Preservative, Red 40, Sulphur Sulfur Dioxide, Preservative
It's a jar of GMO ingredients (corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup), preservatives, and red food coloring.
The only ingredient in fresh or frozen organic cherries is...cherries.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Banana Split Mousse
- Vegan Lemon Mousse
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Cherry Tart
For the crust:
- 1/4 cup organic walnuts
- 2 organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground vanilla bean powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the filling:
- 4 organic cherries (pitted)
- 4 organic Medjool dates (pitted)
For the add-in:
- 10 organic cherries (pitted + cut into quartered pieces)
Prepare the crust:
- Add all ingredients for the crust to a food processor and process until it is a wet, crumbly mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-inch tart dish and firmly press it down and along the sides of your dish, then set aside.
Prepare the filling:
- Add the ingredients for the filling to a food processor and process until it becomes a paste-type texture, then set aside.
Prepare the add-in:
- Take the 10 cherries, remove the pits, then cut them into quartered (1/4) pieces.
- Remove the blade from the food processor, add in the cherry pieces, and gently stir in until well combined.
- Transfer to the mixture to the tart dish and spread evenly on top of the crust.
- Optional: Top with homemade whipped coconut cream topping (see recipe link in the notes below) and a fresh cherry.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.